The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Willy wash... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/willy-wash-36534/)

amandadesigned 09-22-2009 01:38 AM

Willy wash...

Has any body bought any of this? I want to know if it's worth the money and if it does a good job - my gelding is none to impressed about the "sponge bath" and the willy wash says you can squirt it into the sheath and the natural action of the penis does the rest - just wondering if any one has used it.

hollybee 09-22-2009 11:16 AM

no sorry, i use baby oil, i spray it on their willies when they've got them out and then the natural action of their willies does the rest lol - none of mine have a problem with it

sparksgirl 09-22-2009 11:29 AM

well a subject not mentioned much-- sheath care, a necessary job thats needs to be done right-- I use plane old ivory bar soap, and warm water at first the boys did alot of hopping around( a millon years ago) now they just fall asleep- I have 3 geildings and they all get their willies washed every coulple of months- not so much in the winter. I have a younger geilding that was not going to have anything to do with that willie washing stuff- but after he was corrected a few times for hopping around he got the ideal and stood still - (very braced) but he is now like the rest and falls asleep- I also wear playtex rubber gloves during this event-- If the willie is really bad and crusty then I would use baby oil at first just to soften the stuff up a bit but I dont think I would use baby oil all of the time and I certainly would wipe off with a clean towel. Iam thinking that baby oil would add to the dirt and gunke already their. good luck and stay safe.

hollybee 09-22-2009 11:34 AM

it was recommended to me, it actually works well, because of the softness of it the gunk just comes off overnight really from them getting their willies in and out to go for a wee, i have to use it through winter as we're not allowed to get water on our yard as it freezes =/

my vet's coming in a few weeks, i'll ask her what she thinks