The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   anyone no anything about arabs or friesians? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/anyone-no-anything-about-arabs-friesians-36707/)

13arablover13 09-24-2009 11:37 PM

anyone no anything about arabs or friesians?

i love arabs and friesians and want to know about them because they are my fav breed of horse.anyone know about them?

ThatNinjaHorse 09-25-2009 01:38 AM

There are plenty of people who 'know about them'
What did you want to know?

ChevyPrincess 09-25-2009 07:28 PM

I would suggest go to the Oklahoma State University horse breed website. They have pictures, and tons of history, information about all breed types there. Here is the link:

Breeds of Livestock - Horse Breeds

Rissa 09-25-2009 10:06 PM

Well, what do you want to know?

I know a bit about Friesians.

Friesian horse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I took the photo of the Friesian in the main photo on the wiki article.

13arablover13 09-27-2009 01:43 AM

i would like to know their features.stuff like that.and the websites aren't to bad.thanks

Lily of the Valley 09-27-2009 01:54 AM

How can you be such an avid fan of these two breeds and be asking others what they know about them including things like features? That doesn't even make sense.

ThatNinjaHorse 09-27-2009 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13arablover13 (Post 412720)
i would like to know their features.stuff like that.and the websites aren't to bad.thanks

google is awesome :)

ThatNinjaHorse 09-27-2009 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily of the Valley (Post 412725)
How can you be such an avid fan of these two breeds and be asking others what they know about them including things like features? That doesn't even make sense.

Makes sense to me, the OP likes these horses, presumably for their looks and would like to learn more

Lily of the Valley 09-27-2009 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatNinjaHorse (Post 412728)
Makes sense to me, the OP likes these horses, presumably for their looks and would like to learn more

She asked for "features and stuff like that," which is highly ambiguous. Is she asking for physical, athletic, or mental features? Regardless, one can't know just the looks of a horse (if that's what she's saying) and then decide that breed is their lyk favortist evur. That's like saying I find Italian guys attractive, therefore they're my favourite boyfriends. I personally think Huskies are stunning dogs, but they're not my favourite breed, or even slightly close, because I'm not super fond of their typical personalities.

Rissa 09-27-2009 07:07 AM

Friesians are black, and they are expensive.

Those are two features.