The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Trail Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/)
-   -   Let me just brag a moment? (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/let-me-just-brag-moment-367210/)

aureliusandoinky 02-19-2014 09:22 PM

Let me just brag a moment?

1 Attachment(s)
I'm teaching my horse to go out on trails, and he is doing incredibly...But I was really happy today because he's come so far. When I got him he was a nervous wreck from being shown. Now, I can officially say that we are on our way to trail riding, and later down the road endurance.

I take him out to this big field down the road a lot, and to get there we have to walk on the side of the road a tiny ways. I'm very nervous about roads, because I know people are crazy and beep their horn and do some wild things to spook horses. The only reason I risk it is because it's such a short way. Anyway, I usually wait and listen for cars, then we take off and hurry along. Today though, I was actually on the road instead of beside it because it was muddy, and on top of that I didn't listen for cars. Well, suddenly I hear a car and I'm like Oh no!! I tense up and and prepare for the worst, and the car hardly slows down! Finally the car passes and my horse is like wow silly nervous human, it's just a car! He was so disinterested and didn't even break his pace a little...needless to say, I was really excited. I love my horse more every day.

Thanks for reading trail folks.

Oreos Girl 02-20-2014 02:07 PM

Congratulations. My horses hear gun fire all the time around my place. We were on a trail ride and I heard a gun go off not far away. I jumped 3 feet, the horse was like what? Never even flinched.

santleky 02-22-2014 01:26 AM

That's awesome, congrats! I trained my horse myself for trail riding too, so I understand how exciting it is when you see your horse progressing and becoming "trail safe." You and your horse keep up the great work.

ecasey 02-22-2014 07:57 PM

What an adorable face!! congrats!

Tracer 02-22-2014 08:11 PM

That's awesome! Wish my horse would do that...