The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Duchess is sold (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/duchess-sold-36832/)

reining girl 09-26-2009 11:46 PM

Duchess is sold

:cry: well you guys i sold duchess today. I wasnt even planning on it it really, this lady called me and asked if she could come take a look at her, so i was just like ya (you wont buy her) but sure. So she comes up to my house and the moment i started talking to her i just had this feeling like she was the one. So i take her to see duchess and right off the bat she likes her, she takes her for a ride duchess does great with her, of coarse doesnt pick up her left lead but i told (linda) that she needed finish work. So she gets done riding her and we put her back. She tells me she has one more to look at, so im thinking o thats the "code", she tells me she will call me after she gets done looking at this other horse. So i wasnt expecting a call, but couple hours later she calls me and says i really like duchess. Linda had looked at 6 other horses that day, and came back to duchess, right then i just new it was meant to be, i mean 6 others and still comes back to a green horse. So she comes back up gives me the money. I had been crying on and off almost all day, i really truly deeply loved duchess. And it took alot of me to not cry infront of linda (i hate crying infront of people) but i managed and she new that it hurt me to sell duchess, she told me that she had just sold one of her horses and she almost cried while she loaded her horse into the trailer. But this home will be perfect for duchess, she will have many huge pastures to run in, lots of friends and 1500 cows to chase. She will get loved and petted and messed with everyday. It still hurts, and it will be really tuff tomarow morning when i get up adn look at and see she is not there, im still cry (am crying) but there not tears of regret just saddness. I know i will get over it, it is just gonna be a ruff few days. But she is going to an awsome home and that was the most important thing for me. Linda had also bought a 6 month old colt that day and he was in the trailer to and as soon as duchess hoped in the trailer she started playing with the colt, then she turned and looked at me (i know this is going to sound wierd) but she had this completly happy look on her face and almost gave me this thank you nod. And off she went :cry: this is still really hard for me but i know i did the right thing. Now i can save my money up and buy my dream horse so i dont have to go threw this again. I probably wont get another horse till next year but im gonna keep looking just in case. Sorry for the book guys.

JustDressageIt 09-26-2009 11:49 PM

I'm sorry and I'm happy for you at the same time RJ. It sounds like an ideal situation for Duchess, and now you can go on to find your heart horse.
One word of advice hun, please look and look and look some more; make sure you're buying the absolute right horse for you.

reining girl 09-26-2009 11:52 PM

im going to make sure allie, i do not want to go threw this again, this was just plain hard and hurt me alot.

PiggyPablo 09-27-2009 03:04 AM

Awww...RJ! ((HUGS)) I can't believe it either! :'( I'm just speechless....

ChingazMyBoy 09-27-2009 05:33 AM

*Hugs* I'm sure you will find your dream horse. Never give up.

smrobs 09-27-2009 05:57 AM

Wow, RJ, that was sudden. (((HUGS)))! You will find that perfect horse, it will just take a bit of time. Is Linda local where you can still go see or check up on Duchess occasionally?

VanillaBean 09-27-2009 09:03 AM

awww! dutchess was so cute!!! im sorry....

VB

ilovemyPhillip 09-27-2009 09:21 AM

Awwh, Randi, I'm sorry. But can't you still check up on her?

FGRanch 09-27-2009 12:19 PM

Allie gave you great advice. Look, look and look some more.

It took me a good three years to finally pick "just the right" reining filly. I looked at tons of horses online and even went out and met about 10 of them. I didn't settle for anything less than what I had in mind. It worked out great for me and I have never once regretted buying Remedy.

reining girl 09-27-2009 12:50 PM

Thanks guys. Duchess is a little ways away, but i could go see her if i wanted to. Ya, it was very sudden, but it was better than a pro longed thing, i would of rather had it like this, than some drawn out process. I still miss her though =(