The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebay Stinks

926 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  DuckDodgers 
#1 ·
It seems Ebay has new rules and they stink

Used to be when you sold something on Ebay, the purchaser paid with PayPal, the seller received the money from Paypal the same day, money was then sent to the bank account you had on file within 3 days.

Now, the money is held by Ebay and Paypal for up to 21 days after you ship the item, if you follow all the steps they require you "might" get your money within 6-7 days after you ship the item.

This is for long time Ebayers, new ebayers are stuck in the 21 day rule....

I think this policy is crazy, these people have you CC info and bank account info, there is no need to make people wait this long for their money...

I will find other ways to sell my stuff in the future....

Rant over...

#4 ·
I think the change was to better handle disputes from unscrupulous sellers. I don't know if one policy they'd bro't in a few years ago was that ebay or paypal gets a percentage of mailing costs. Some sellers would sell a $5 trinket and charge $100 to mail. This stopped me from purchasing on ebay as mailing costs in to Canada (priority) is too much without additional charges. It is up to the buyer to have a conversation with the seller before bidding.

#5 · (Edited)
I use EBAY a lot (addictive)' and one of my biggest peeves is when an item is listed at a reasonable price and you then notice that the shipping is far more than the product is worth. These sellers should be removed as they are essentially selling shipping costs. I agree in that the new holding period is to prevent similar situations and to be able to remedy disputes a bit easier. It's a little tough when the money has already been processed.
I find that I can often purchase from other sites and pay little more, but with the assurance that it can be returned. I almost bought a pair of Ariat paddock boots at what seemed like a good price, but ended up finding them on clearance at Dover (had to return for a larger size). I was glad I didn't finalize the EBAY transaction.

All the best !

#6 ·
In late December I bought a saddle from a seller from eBay, and after multiple delays in shipping on the sellers part and complications from them not putting my apartment number on the address, it was about a MONTH before I finally got my saddle. Absolutely ridiculous. The worst part? I wasn't able to even file a claim until about two days before I received the saddle.
Posted via Mobile Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.