The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Need help with names.... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/need-help-names-37107/)

SpringWolf 09-30-2009 05:53 PM

Need help with names....

2 Attachment(s)
Jusr wondering if anyone wanted to help with a reg. name for my son's horse....we've had this horse a year and a half now, and unsuccessfully have not come up with a reg. name yet. The horse just started training, with hopes to show next year...sooo, we have to come up with something 'unique'.

The horse is a grey 4 year old Apx. Trakehner, sire is a Hanoverian named Winston (champion eventer standing in Florida) and dam is an Apx. Trakehner named Soraya Jana (who has Ibikus lines (sp?)). Under Trakehner Society rules, the name must start with the same letter as the dam...so it must begin with the letter 'S'. His barn name is Strider, named after Aragorn from Lord of the Rings.

We have racked our brains and cant seem to find anything suitable or agree on ...it almost seems impossible! We are open to german names as well....i just didnt really have anyone to ask.

here is some pictures of him

xLaurenOscarx 09-30-2009 06:08 PM

Beginning with s........... How about Summer Storm? Or Spring Break? Or Silver Bullet? Or Spider Monkey:D Lol
Gorgous looking Horse!
Or Sentosa! Or Senyota! Those Were The Names I Always Said I Wanted To Name My Horse But Oscar Came As Oscar! Lol

LolaGirl160 09-30-2009 07:43 PM

Spencer, Story, Santiago. lol idk

Lonestar22 09-30-2009 10:09 PM

said in spun silver, Sams sugar shack, satisfaction gauranteed, Saturday affair, say it aint so, Someone eleses horse, Shouldabeen, Show and tell, Simple Stride, Simply Striding, Simply Done, Slow srtide, Special effects, Stand still,

AussieDaisyGirl 09-30-2009 11:48 PM

He looks like a Sir Winston to me.

SpringWolf 10-01-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieDaisyGirl (Post 416392)
He looks like a Sir Winston to me.

I had thought that too...and still like that name, as he does kinda look like his dad a bit. I had also come up with Sir Robin of Locksley as well....but thought it was too long.

anyways, appreciate everyone's help in this frustrating matter!! I am so hoping to have these papers sent in before xmas.

AussieDaisyGirl 10-01-2009 12:08 PM

Hmm well in that train of thought you could go with Sir Robin Hood.

Eolith 10-01-2009 12:31 PM

As horrible as it might sound for me to say this, I wouldn't stress out over it too much. No matter what his "registered" name is, you'll probably still know him as Strider 99.9% of the time. As long as his registered name isn't something that's completely uninspiring (like Sugar Baby Dude) it should be fine.

SpringWolf 10-01-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eolith (Post 416731)
As horrible as it might sound for me to say this, I wouldn't stress out over it too much. No matter what his "registered" name is, you'll probably still know him as Strider 99.9% of the time. As long as his registered name isn't something that's completely uninspiring (like Sugar Baby Dude) it should be fine.

oh no, i dont think that sounds horrible at all, and you are right, he will always be just Strider. we all wanted a show name for him when they do start....we have even kicked around the idea of his registered name being "Strider'

I have had people tell me both sides....the ones that say i MUST register him because its better for him....and then others who say they havent even bothered and that its just a piece of paper.

ugh...sometimes i wish he already came with a name and i didnt have to worry about it!!

mandersloveshorses 10-01-2009 01:59 PM

Shadow would be a good name! :)