The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Technology (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/)
-   -   Which PC or PS game? (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/pc-ps-game-37139/)

Misty'sGirl 10-01-2009 01:12 AM

Which PC or PS game?

Okay, I've been looking into horse games for PC or PS2, because I'm not cool enough to have a wii or ds.
I'm looking at Ellen Whitaker's Horse Life (Horse Life 2) and My Horse and Me. Does anyone else have these? What are they like? Any other suggestions?

free_sprtd 10-01-2009 01:59 AM

I don't have either of those, but I have the barbie horse adventures...kind of a rare game on ps2 and I really enjoy it! Don't have anything on pc besides a mystery ranch game. Sorry!

harlequinduck 10-01-2009 07:44 AM

I seem to make a habit of collecting horse games for PS2, however I am a harsh critique, as I love good graphics on games..

At present I have:

- Horsez

Fairly poor graphics (people talk with their mouths closed?), the whole story line is somewhat hilarious for horse people but at least it's somewhat interactive. You get to train and compete in Dressage, Cross Country and Show Jumping but it's nothing special.. 5/10

- Horsez Ranch Rescue

The graphics are getting better, the story line again is somewhat laughable and you have to ride over a lot of distance before you can do certain activities. Bit tedious but a good game. 7/10

- My Horse and Me 2

Lovely graphics, no real story line to follow, far too easy. 7/10

- Lucinda Green's Equestrian Challenge

Love the graphics, game play is fairly realistic however you cannot fall off (apparently the game producers proclaimed it was horse cruelty.. o.O). You get to again train and compete at different levels, however the fence heights for each level and the more you angle a fence the less likely you are to clear it. I loved this game, though my only complaint was there was no story line to follow, just training and competing.. Gets old after a while. 8/10

Hope that helps somewhat. :]

TaMMa89 10-01-2009 06:47 PM

I have Horsez Ranch Rescue for PS2. Pretty lame I think.

irydehorses4lyfe 10-02-2009 12:51 AM

I have Silver Buckle Stables for PS2...it's challenging, and quite western riding oriented, and if you're looking for a fun, semi challenging game, it's definitely worth checking out. =) Oh, you can also win new horses, and change their colors, facial markings, leg markings, and tack. :-P