The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Natural Horsemanship (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/)
-   -   Parelli saved the life of another horse! (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/parelli-saved-life-another-horse-37206/)

Spirithorse 10-01-2009 08:54 PM

Parelli saved the life of another horse!

As some of you know, my warmblood was going to be put down for his aggressive behavior if no one had wanted him. That was a little over a year ago, and now we are playing in Level 3/4 and advancing every time we play!

A friend of mine in St. Louis (not Parelli) told me about a little 14.3hh arab gelding, 6 years old with NICE breeding who has been successfully shown in the past, who has developed a really bad bucking problem since being in dressage training. No one can ride him, be bucks everyone off as soon as they get in the saddle. The owner was going to put him down at the end of the month if no one wanted him (she was giving him away). The dressage trainer couldn't ride him, the owner couldn't ride him, and several other accomplished riders couldn't ride him. She asked me if I knew any Parelli people who wanted a project horse, so I posted about him on a couple of Parelli Yahoo Groups I'm a member of. One lady immediately e-mailed me and wanted to know more about him.....I gave her my friend's phone number, and tonight I got an e-mail from her and she is taking the horse!!:D She is very excited and she's had experience with these kinds of issues before.....and she's an upper level Parelli student! I'm SO HAPPY right now!! I'm so thankful this little guy got a second chance, this time with a savvy owner!

I just had to share this, I'm so happy right now that this horse wasn't put down just because of issues that people created. Talk about a success story!!:D

Spirithorse 10-01-2009 08:59 PM

Oh, and I asked the lady to keep me updated on her progress with him, so I'll post about that when I hear something :)

iridehorses 10-01-2009 09:06 PM

It's nice to hear about a horse that was possibly saved from death. I hope his new owner is successful.

RadHenry09 10-01-2009 09:07 PM

That is a fantastic story , I am so glad that this guy has gotten a second chance and a new beginning : ) BTW , what are the Parelli yahoo groups that you are part of? Do you think you could give me some info on them. I only know of Share Parelli.com .
You could PM and let me know as I would like to possibly join a group like this.

Spirithorse 10-01-2009 09:52 PM

Sent you a PM :)

Marecare 10-01-2009 10:57 PM

I would love to see the pictures of the X-rays after.

FlitterBug 10-02-2009 07:35 AM

Oh the irony, I recently got a horse in that is 8 yrs old and very close to being permanently lame thanks to the Parelli program. My trainer said that it would be a good idea for me to learn how to fix the physical imbalances of a former Parelli horse from start to finish.

X-rays would be interesting.......

iridehorses 10-02-2009 09:13 AM

I'm not a follower of Parelli but I like some of his training program. If a horse goes lame from "doing Parelli" I would more suspect the trainer rather then Parelli's methods.

RadHenry09 10-02-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlitterBug (Post 417518)
Oh the irony, I recently got a horse in that is 8 yrs old and very close to being permanently lame thanks to the Parelli program. My trainer said that it would be a good idea for me to learn how to fix the physical imbalances of a former Parelli horse from start to finish.

X-rays would be interesting.......

:-| Oh here we go again:-|

mom2pride 10-02-2009 01:19 PM

I agree. It's probably more to do with the handler than the program itself.

To the OP, definitely keep us updated on this guy's progress! :D