The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Registration ? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/registration-37435/)

TwisterRush 10-04-2009 09:00 PM

Registration ?

I was wondering, i am buying anew horse, her name is twister. She is a 4 yr old QH red roan mare.
Anyways she is Unregistered. But if she were to have babies, the babies would be registered..
Anywho !
Would it be possible that i could Register her with the Manitoba QH Association ? or is she too 'old' to get registered now ?
Im sure its still..... Managable to get her registered, although the person who has her right now. just holding on to her for me till i can find someone to trailer her for me.. thinks i cant get her registered since the prev, owners before her only keep registered horses...

Any thoughts ?

sillybunny11486 10-05-2009 03:16 PM

how can her babies be registered if she isnt?? you can register a horse at any age, but the older the more expensive generally.

Haley 10-05-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillybunny11486 (Post 420621)
how can her babies be registered if she isnt??

this.

the Manitoba Quarter Horse Association is not a true "association" in which you can register horses with, it's just a local AQHA club, they put on the local QH show/s.

I would try to contact her breeder if possible and see if you'd be able to register her with the AQHA.

TwisterRush 10-05-2009 06:02 PM

Okay thank you, I will try to find out from the prev owner who her last owners where to see if they know the breeder.
or is it possible to just contact the Canadian Quarter horse association ?

TwisterRush 10-05-2009 09:48 PM

That is what the prev owner also said, if she were to have a baby, they would be registered, i guess like any other registration process for a horse.

Barrelracer Up 10-05-2009 10:33 PM

Only if your mares papers are in order would the foal be registerable. Definately need to get with last owner listed on her papers. You should be able to contact AQHA for that info. Don't know if they will contact on your behalf or how they work it.

TwisterRush 10-05-2009 11:49 PM

Okay thank you :)
It turns out the current person who has her, who is holding her for me does not have contact with the prev owners anymore and none of them have any past info on any of her breeding or anything of the sort, as she was bought at an auction market from the people before the person im buying her from.