The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Other Pets (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/)
-   -   Ruby (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/ruby-37523/)

Salty_alydaR 10-05-2009 10:27 PM

Ruby

3 Attachment(s)
This is Ruby. She is my young Coloumbian Red Tail Boa. She is the sweetest, most docile snake ever and absolutley beautiful on top of it :D I got her for free from one of my dad's friends after my python, Rocco died(R.I.P). I posted other pics of her on here a loonngg time ago..back when i first got her. But i took her out today and took some pics while she was hanging out on me.
(please excuse her tail placement. i can't really control how she hangs out on me haha.)

PiggyPablo 10-06-2009 03:53 PM

she looks like a sweetie!! thanks for sharing!

Luv 2 Trail 10-06-2009 05:13 PM

:-)She is really pretty - beautifully colored! I am fascinated with snakes but probably would not wear one around my neck!? How big will she get?
Are they easy to care for? I have a "pet" black snake - he only comes in the tack room about once a year to try and give me a heart attack!
Thanks for sharing the pics - you guys look cute together!

Spastic_Dove 10-06-2009 06:02 PM

I absolutly love snakes. She's a beauty! How old is she?
I had to get rid of my boy unfortunately. My boyfriend is terrified of snakes and if I would have brought a snake home, he would have brought a spider home :( I do love them though.

PiggyPablo 10-06-2009 06:24 PM

You should've told him it's the snake or out the door! lol Then he'd have no choice! :p

Spastic_Dove 10-06-2009 06:44 PM

Haha, if it came to my horses, he'd get an ultimatum for sure! The snake got moved to a house with a huge terranium, so he's probably happier anyway

Salty_alydaR 10-06-2009 10:30 PM

[quote=Luv 2 Trail;421625]How big will she get?
Are they easy to care for?[quote]

boas' lengths can range from 3ft to about 9ft depending on what is available for them to eat. right now, shes still on mice because she is still young. but i'm planning on feeding her rats and maybe an occasional hampster as she gets bigger.
snakes are more difficult to care for than a dog, thats for sure haha(i recommend a ball python for your first snake if you're wanting one :wink:)