The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Allow the newspapers to visit? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/allow-newspapers-visit-37547/)

Zab 10-06-2009 10:41 AM

Allow the newspapers to visit?

After I bought my icelandic yearling on an auction there's been issues with paperwork and all on all horses at that auction..and now HD, our biggest newspaper around here, wants to meet Solon and take pictures and all..'
Fun I suppose..

But I don't trust media..what if they plan to tell the story as on how bad the poor horses got it after being auctioned out and starts looking foer flaws in our stables and all?
We have a less usual stall solution, it's huge but..not normal. They'd surely bafdmouth it if they had that idea..and even after gaining weight, Solon isn't too pretty yet.. :/ Our regular pasture is flooded etc..if they want they can always find bad stuff to write..

mls 10-06-2009 11:16 AM

If you are uncomfortable - tell them you are not prepared at this time and to contact you again in 3 or 6 months.

King Korn 10-06-2009 11:59 AM

if they let you proof read the arcticle then go for it, if not do not let them in. it's your right to say no.

smrobs 10-07-2009 12:55 AM

You could just talk to them and clarify what kind of article they were planning on doing. Whether it was about how the circumstances of the Icy's were improved after the auction or if they are looking for a problem. More than likely, they would just like an update on how he has gotten so much better care after being auctioned than he ever had before. Plus, anyone who knows anything about horses would be able to tell with just one look at either Solon or at your stable that you really care and provide for them. So what if your stalls are improvised, they are safe and comfortable and they work. So what if your pasture is flooded, you have no control over the weather. Yeah, Solon may not be in perfect condition yet but it has not really been that long since you've had him and fattening up a horse too quickly from starvation conditions is much more dangerous than having them stay skinny for a while

By all means, if you are not comfortable with it, then don't do it but I think it might be a really good thing.

Zab 10-07-2009 05:52 AM

I suppose I'll let them come then..
I doubt they'd be interested in a few months :) It's all the talk about registration problems that's got the whole thing on topic again..

Zab 10-07-2009 06:51 AM

They found someone else so there's nothing of it.. Oh well it's probably for the best. :)