The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   Quarter Horse Congress! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/quarter-horse-congress-37653/)

Ink 10-07-2009 04:34 PM

Quarter Horse Congress!

I'm getting ready to head up to Congress this weekend (thank goodness for fall break!) It's my first time going. I won't be showing, but I'm excited to watch the classes. Anyone going/been there before? Share your congress stories!

QHChik 10-07-2009 04:55 PM

I go every year and love it! I will be there the second weekend and have hoarded my money for months :) Shopping, here I come! I have my eye on a don bell print this year... and maybe a new pair of black boots!

http://www.donbellgalleries.com/NewG...ad_on-LRG-.jpg

You will love it, I promise!

shesinthebarn 10-07-2009 09:29 PM

Bring money....lots and lots of money. The shopping is UNREAL! The first time I walked in to the 1st of THREE buildings of vendors, I spun around in circles not knowing where to go first!
If you can get tickets to the freestyle show, do it, it's so much fun! The food vendors are great too. There was one place that sold chicken stew in a big cup with dumplings layered in it, and it was soooo good.
I'm WAY jealous(I can't go this year as I have a 1yr old and it would be torture for him!) You are gonna have a blast! Take pics for me!

Ink 10-08-2009 08:56 AM

I'm so excited! Unfortunately we didn't get tickets for the freestyle :(
But it should still be cool. Sounds like it's gonna be hard not to blow my life savings at the trade show.
I have my camera charges and ready to go :D

farmpony84 10-08-2009 09:24 AM

...I want to go... maybe my husband will come w/ me. I've tried to go for 3 years now.... :(

QHChik 10-08-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmpony84 (Post 423095)
...I want to go... maybe my husband will come w/ me. I've tried to go for 3 years now.... :(

my husband is coming with me. I can't believe it. He is completely non horsey and is going with me, my mom, and another of our horsey friends. It'll be an interesting trip for him, I'm sure!

farmpony84 10-08-2009 09:27 AM

I want to go!

rodeogirl309 10-08-2009 03:52 PM

I just went up last Sunday. Never going on the first weekend again. It was reining and cutting. They took for EVER to get through the classes and I was quite bored. Also, only half of the vendors were set up, but I still came out of there with bags :) We usually go on the roping day (last day of Congress) and see all our friends, but this year I wanted to try watching the reining and cutting, thinking it would be fun. Not so much. I think I watched 4 horses in each class then went shopping the rest of the time.

But overall, its a BLAST! I've gone the past 3 years. You will drool over everything there is to buy! :D

farmpony84 10-08-2009 03:56 PM

I want rubber mats for my stalls... and a new bates saddle... new boots... (English)... new jacket...

I should really go... it's only an 8 hour drive...

weefoal 10-13-2009 07:04 AM

Im very fortunate to live just 35 miles and go every year :) I havent been yet this year though due to my seasonal job. I will say parking is a nightmare and food is very overpriced but it is a blast and there is tons of shopping