The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   Dressage Barns South Calgary (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/dressage-barns-south-calgary-37767/)

lolayla 10-09-2009 04:13 PM

Dressage Barns South Calgary

Hey all, does anyone know of any good dressage barns south of calgary? i am a western rider who is looking to expand my horizons and better my skills. i dont want to compete and i dont have tons of money to throw around but i do want to learn from a knowledgable dressage trainer. i am just looking for weekly lessons. i live in calgary now but may be moving to vulcan in the future so that is why i need something south of the city.

thanks

Skyhuntress 10-09-2009 07:45 PM

I live in Okotoks, and if you want ,you can PM me and I can give you a list of about 10 stables that are more on the south side of calgary :)

lolayla 10-16-2009 05:23 PM

PM'd you.

My2Geldings 10-20-2009 03:46 PM

The stable she is referring to is a great barn but very pricey so be prepared.

lolayla 10-20-2009 03:48 PM

^?? she said she had 10 different stables?

My2Geldings 10-20-2009 03:51 PM

Yes there are many stables around that area but the main(and only one) that teaches really good dressage is expensive. If you are planning to seriously invest at any point into the switch, I strongly suggest that facility.

lolayla 10-20-2009 03:58 PM

so what would just a weekly lesson cost there? like i said in my origional post i just want to learn to benefit my horse and myself. but i am a western rider so i dont need to be spending loads of money as i wont be competing.

JustDressageIt 10-20-2009 07:32 PM

The trainer I LOVE love LOVE in the Southwest is Linda Fitzpatrick. Her teaching style is more classical than modern, she doesn't believe in shortcuts in training. She is excellent with people, and makes sure you understand her. She trains out of Moose Hill:
Moose Hill Ranch Equestrian Centre

My2Geldings 10-21-2009 05:15 PM

I'm not sure how much the lessons are because they are part of their training package. Skyhuntress will be able to answer that question for you. I don't think you are allowed to trailer in for lessons there. I believe you have to be a boarder.

Again Skyhuntress will be able to answer those questions for you.

lolayla 10-21-2009 05:23 PM

thanks muchly ladies :)