The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   How do you think she would do in dessage?? (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/how-do-you-think-she-would-37776/)

HorsesAreForever 10-09-2009 05:00 PM

How do you think she would do in dessage??

She still needs to go forward more but how do you think she would do??

IGNORE me lol I was more messing around.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...chele/0092.jpg

She doesnt seem to be as willing to do jumping as she is to do more flat work and shes holding her headset herself. So I take it. lol

She still gonna be doing jumping here and there but I think we might just focus on dressage.

AzJumper 10-09-2009 10:00 PM

She looks good, but hard to tell without a video of her. She seems like she need to be pushed up in the bridle more, but like I said its hard to tell. If she likes flat more then do dressage even if you want to jump her dressage is great for horses who jump. I took a couple lessons myself for my jumper. Flat work is a great thing for horses and what better way to get your horse broke between the fences than dressage. Go for it!

1dog3cats17rodents 10-09-2009 10:10 PM

SHe's cute and has potential, but she's working front to back. Her head set is nice, but that doesn't mean anything if she is not using herself. Right now shhe's not using her back end at all. Her hind foot should fall in the same hoof print as her front, see how much further it needs to reach? It might help to let her head go and stretch and use a LOT of lot into a soft hand to get her back end working, THEN worry about her head

HorsesAreForever 10-10-2009 12:18 AM

Oh im not the one getting that head set she does it herself.

I can let go of the reins and she does it. Shes been do doing it ever since I started working on small 10m canter circles.

She deff needs to come forward a bit. Shes ALWAYS been front end drive gotta get some impulsion lol. The rein is tight in that hand because I was asking for her to come around and she was leaning[her NO habit lol], but u can see the other rein is totally loose.

Shes rounding her back SO much more then she usually does, she usually hollows her back so this is a improvement!

Its a work in progress good to know she has potential though :)

ridergirl23 10-11-2009 03:29 PM

i think she would benefit from dressage, dressage is meant to improve a horse, it is great that you are thinking of doing some! it is always fun teaching a horse soemthing new!!! have fun and i hope it all goes well!!

Valentina 10-15-2009 11:53 AM

Horse is on forehand and not in front of your leg. Rider needs to sit UP, stretch legs down look up (not down) put thumbs up and use seat to push into more connection with the bridle.

Any horse can "do" dressage..just how well and at what level depends.

HorsesAreForever 10-15-2009 02:05 PM

I said dont critique me, I was just having fun not caring about what I looked like.

All together this was just a having fun ride carefree and she has been starting to go on the bit by herself. So I got a nice picture of it and wanted some opinions. I was looking down because I was trying to get a good picture of it, so I was telling my aunt right when to get the picture. Lol trust me I ride better then that I look like crap there! :P I was focusing more on her

She usually will move forward more if I ask her, but we are working on it. Shes built slightly down hill so shes more on the forehand.

SavvyHearts 10-16-2009 11:35 AM

Any horse can do dressage. From what I"m seeing in the picture, she is behind the vertical, and on the forehand. She is not using her back at all. If this is better than before as you said, then my guess would be that before, she was hollowing...and this is how her back normally would look like without hollowing.

She needs to learn to step under herself more, and that will help with getting her off her forehand.

HorsesAreForever 10-17-2009 02:38 AM

Omg! Lol I KNOW shes on the forehand, I clearly said this in my original post... We are working on impulsion now without a headset. I have to ride in a halter to do so since she automatically does it in a bridle. I posted this picture because I was proud of the natural head carrage.

Yes she does hollow her back out usually, the saddle wasn't and still isnt fitting right so im going bareback till we can get it fixed so shes JUST starting to lift her back up. May not be much to you but it is for me. Its a starting point. I appricate the littlest improvements with how she uses her body. And this is HUGE because usually shes hollowed and avoiding the bit. So this is HUGE

I dont mind that she behind the vertical in that picture because shes not over flexing nor really breakin at the poll. Which is good considering this is all natural.

Thank everyone.
If your going to reply PLEASE dont repeat lol

1dog3cats17rodents 10-17-2009 07:19 AM

You asked for opinions, people gave them. If didn't ask for a "isn't she cute!" so don't be annoyed when people critique.