The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   wintec western: disappearing saddles??? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/wintec-western-disappearing-saddles-3778/)

rocky pony 10-09-2007 02:13 AM

wintec western: disappearing saddles???

I am extremely confused.
I currently own a Wintec western which, as you may know, has a square skirt
currently I am having a couple of problems with the way it fits my horse's back (because he has a short back) but I just tried writing up a paragraph explaining that and it was way too long and I figured that no one would read it and it's not totally necessary but..I'll answer now, it's nothing that harms him it just bothers my ocd haha

anyways
I was looking through a lot of different magazines for a solution to my saddle issue and came across a page full of all different styles of wintec western saddles and this amazed me because when I was going to buy mine my choices were extemely limited and I was lucky that it worked out pretty decently with my horse's back
there were some trail saddles, some differently shaped saddles, a lot of different kids' saddles, a leather version of my saddle, a round-skirt saddle, and a really nice-coloured saddle, none of which I had seen before
all, apparently, wintecs

when I looked to buy my saddle I had these options:
square skirt only
black or brown (and every now and then the occasional carmel..but they were overpriced)
semi or full qh bars
the end.

so I was like wow these are nice I may want to buy one of these someday and the round skirt might actually fit my horse better
I assumed they were new because the magazine was somewhat new
so I looked at their website and I was very confused because it had the same options as before and not a single one of these new ones I saw in the magazine..

I thought well maybe they didn't update the website yet so I checked a couple of other websites I knew and didn't see it there
I googled it, to almost no avail
I found just one slightly overpriced round skirt saddle..and none of the others that were in the magazine

I find this extremely confusing..I mean the magazine was new but it wasn't like brand brand new
any ideas on what is going on here?

(and please excuse how un-necessarily long this is, I tend to ramble..)

Sara 10-09-2007 10:02 AM

I don't know what's going on with Wintec. You might look into a Big Horn though, they make a lot of saddles that seem to fit what you're describing and a lot of people seem to like them.

rocky pony 10-09-2007 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sara
I don't know what's going on with Wintec. You might look into a Big Horn though, they make a lot of saddles that seem to fit what you're describing and a lot of people seem to like them.

I don't necessarily need one so much as I'm just dead confused about where they went haha

Sara 10-09-2007 03:05 PM

Fair enough:P Maybe they just feel like their plate is full in the English market so they are getting out of Western...I'll let you know if I find anything.