The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hi from new member (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hi-new-member-37813/)

Holly1224 10-10-2009 09:45 AM

Hi from new member

Hi everyone,
I'm so glad I found this forum!! It's great to have so much information readily available.
I am a 38 yr old female, married with 2 girls ages 12 and 20. I have always been around horses, usually friends horses and working at hack barns in exchange for riding. I was never able to own my own until after I got married, but after a couple bad experiences boarding and having 2 horses die I swore no more horses until I could have them on my own property. Well........both my girls have the horse bug too so after a lot of convincing we just purchased 2 Horses this past weekend, so here we go again! We did find a great place to board that's really close to our home that has an excellent reputation, so I feel good about that.
We bought a 12 yr old reg QH mare and also a 15 yr old QH gelding that has arthritis....I know...I know what was I thinking???? He was at the same barn as the mare being used on a hack line and to see him out there hobbling around broke my heart, I had to take him, plus they were pasture buddies. Our vet has some suggestions and thinks he will be ok for some light trail riding which is all were doing anyway. My 12 yr old is working with the mare and just started 4H which we're all excited about. She has been taking English lessons,but now wants to switch to western and hopes to eventually do some barrel racing and games. So that's my story, hope to post some pics of the horses soon.

Luv 2 Trail 10-10-2009 04:10 PM

:DHey there and welcome from sunny South Carolina! What a sweet story about your gelding! He's a lucky guy! Congratulations on getting your horses!

Erin_And_Jasper 10-10-2009 08:25 PM

hello neighbor!! im Erin and im from CT. i own jasper (a crazy tb) and delilah (grade connemara who was abused)

Lenuccia 10-13-2009 06:07 PM

Hi there,

welcome to the forum (I'm new here as well ;-)

Isn't it just nice to have horses again? :-) let's see some pictures soon.

free_sprtd 10-14-2009 04:54 PM

Welcome!! have fun posting :) Glad to have you here