The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jokes and Funnies (http://www.horseforum.com/jokes-funnies/)
-   -   Marketers (http://www.horseforum.com/jokes-funnies/marketers-37918/)

My2Geldings 10-11-2009 04:20 PM

Marketers

Let's hear some funny stories. What are some of the things you have heard, been thru or attempted to do when telemarkerters call?

I myself usually pick up the call, ask them to hold one minute at which point I leave them on the counter and go back to watching tv, letting them wait however long until they hang up on their own.

I know a co-worker of mine always tries to sell them his car. That in itself is pretty funny.

Any other stories?

Erin_And_Jasper 10-11-2009 07:42 PM

i ask them their favorite color.

G and K's Mom 10-22-2009 01:46 PM

Our two local papers hound you at least a couple times a month. They took me off their call list because I asked if the paper came printed in braille LOL

Tennessee 10-30-2009 11:06 PM

I try to sell a made up product to them. Or I use my yodeling talents and annoy the heck out of them.

RegalCharm 10-31-2009 01:04 AM

this is hilarious.

Gidji 10-31-2009 01:17 AM

I have a few stunts I do when they call.
1) Say my parents are on holidays, and when they ask when are they coming back, I say oh in 7 months. They're in Swaziland.
2) Burst in to tears, and insult them and ask why would they call at a time like this? My parents are dead, how could you even mention their name?
3) Take the phone to the TV, put it on Disney channel and make them listen to whatever show is on.
4) Pretend I'm the adult, and ask them to read out the terms and conditions of the product. I ask them lots of questions about the product, and then say thank you for your time and hang up :)

Tennessee 10-31-2009 03:57 PM

I remember one time this old guy called me and I broke out into tears and came up with a story about how my boyfriend broke up with me, and I made up stupid stories about said fake boyfriend. lol. It was fun.

bubblegum 10-31-2009 04:59 PM

telecallers i have never had one call my house EVER! but if they did they would be sorry

TaMMa89 11-01-2009 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RegalCharm (Post 444928)

This is the best one I've ever heard :lol:.

I don't do pranks with telemarketers. Some of my friends have worked as marketers and I know they just try to earn their salary. I usually just say 'no thanks' and hang up. Even I've sometimes came across with some very rude marketers.

qha4 08-03-2010 11:29 PM

i start talking verry rapid spanish