The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Finally got to ride my new boy!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/finally-got-ride-my-new-boy-37972/)

luvmyperch 10-12-2009 08:38 AM

Finally got to ride my new boy!!

6 Attachment(s)
Well, I've had Noah for three weeks now and the stars aligned this weekend so I could finally ride him! I was waiting for him to get settled into his new place, get used to the traffic right next to the ring, and get tack that actually fits my big boy! So, Saturday was not so great, he didn't really know what to do in a ring and couldn't understand why he wasn't supposed to just walk super slow in a straight line like he did on the public trail rides. Sunday was sooo much better. He actually trotted beautifully and didn't want to stop every time he got near the gate! Wow, that boy needs a LOT of leg to more forward. Please keep in mind that this is my first time on a horse in 10 YEARS! I can see that I have super low piano hands (never did before so I have no idea where that bad habit came from). No critiques please, just want to share more pics of the old man!

AussieDaisyGirl 10-12-2009 09:49 AM

Wow he's a big boy! He's handsome as all get out! You two look great together!

luvmyperch 10-12-2009 09:54 AM

Thank you! I still can't believe how old he is when I look at his pics. He's super comfy to ride! I felt like a 10 year old using a crop but he's so dull to my leg I need something to remind him that we're not on a trail ride! Once he wakes up and moves forward, he's happy to have a job to do!

AussieDaisyGirl 10-12-2009 09:58 AM

LOL I know exactly what you mean. With some more riding he may figure out what you're asking for.

luvmyperch 10-12-2009 10:07 AM

I realized after Saturday's ride that he was just trying to do his job as he knew it. Vacationers at the resort would jump on his back, not having a clue what to do, and it was his "job" to take care of them and keep them safe and not scare them. He's a little confused now that I'm telling him, "ok, I want you to listen to me and follow my lead". He'll get the hang of it!

AppyLover615 10-12-2009 10:21 AM

Aw! he is such a good boy! and you actually look like you fit very well on him! he looks like he is a fast learner too :) congrats!

~AL615

Erin_And_Jasper 10-12-2009 10:41 AM

hes uber cute!!! i cant believe how old he is!!!

Pinto Pony 10-12-2009 10:47 AM

So handsome, thanks for sharing and hope to see more gorgeous photos of you both soon!

EmilyAndBalthamos 10-12-2009 01:12 PM

He's so handsome! He really doesn't look his age, either.
And I think you rode him very well for not having ridden in 10 years. :lol:
Good luck with his training, I think he'll do very well!

reining girl 10-12-2009 03:26 PM

he is super cute!!! excuse me.... he is super handsome! lol