The Horse Forum banner

Equine Voices-Horse Rescue(Photo Flood)

4K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  omgpink 
#1 ·
So I volunteer at a horse rescue near my house and let me tell you, it's amazing! I go there every weekend and when I have school off, I just can't stay away from there! The lady who owns it main goal is to rescue PMU mares and foals(if you don't now what PMU you is go to this website -> Premarin (Premarine) ERT/HRT & PMU Farms Controversy: Page 1). But she also rescue other horse cases in the surrounding areas and even in places like California and Colorado.
Karen,the owner, had around 40 horses on her property and about 40 other horses being fostered.
Equine Vocies has a mascot, Gulliver, he is a PMU faol that Karen rescued from slaughter. Let me tell you guys, he is one amazing horse, so smart and gentle and he is around 18 feet tall! He is able to be ridden and it's such a sight to see. So anyways heres some pics, enjoy guys!
(captions above pics!)
Gulliver playing with his trainer.

Saddle Pad

Gulliver trots

Gulliver and Carol

Gulliver attacking my face :)

Gulliver working his stuff

Kodi, PMU foal. He was adopted by the Equine Voices trainer(pictured above with Gulliver).

Breeze, rescued from a feed lot in Canada

Illusion, found in the desert, abandoned.

Dolce, starvation case, he was adopted out by a volunteer.

Continue please. :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks. :)
Gracie, PMU mare.

Sunshine, PMU ranchers riding horse.

Kachina, abuse case. She was dragged behind a trailer while her owners 13yr kicked her in the face, just because Kachina didn't want to load up.

(close to back)
Bella, Deuce and Gulliver lining up for psyllum.

Rio, drug running horse from Mexico.

Deuce, PMU foal.

Bella, PMU foal.

Spanky, PMU foal.

Mystic, PMU mare.

Smokey Joe, starvation and neglect case.

Continue please. :)

#3 ·
Thanks!
Hope, came form a feed lot in Canada.

Taylor, rescued a day before she was suppose to go to a slaughter house, in a double decker trailer, with a BROKEN SHOULDER to Mexico.
She is amazing and I might adopt her!!! :D

Where they cute her open for surgery.

Jenny about to roll.

Getting up.

All dirty!

I hope you guys enjoyed the pictures I found some free time so I decided to post some pics.
I'll be adding more pictures after I get back from my vacation.
5 little foals will be coming down this month, so be prepared!!! :D

#14 ·
haha I knew a lot of you would like Illusion, she's really popular among the public. Unfortunately, she's not for adoption because she has some serious issues and Karen has fallen in love with her and has decided to keep her!
Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments, get ready for some more pics soon!

#15 ·
Aww! I wish a horse rescue was near me! you know, there aren't too many horse rescues out there really... but they are hard to keep up money wise. I hope to have a few rescues someday. There's only like, two or three in my state....

But AZ ain't that far =] I would love y'alls hot weather xD

#16 ·
Thanks. Luckily the ranch is only 20 minutes from my house so I can go whenever.
I wish there were more rescue places out there but we do have quit a lot here in Arizona.
And go ahead and tkae our hot weather, I'm tired of it. :)

#21 ·
Thanks everyone! I really think what she does is worth mentioning to everyone

Yes they are!
The ranch is a mile above Amado which is right below Green Valley and Sahuarita. If you don't know these places, the ranch is about uhm 30-45min from Tucson.

#23 ·
I also plan to adopt a horse. I'm either going to a rescue (we have 4 or so in Alberta) or I'll outbid the meat buyer, or even buy one right out of the meat buyer's pen. We'll see.
Anyone looking for adoption centers can just google horse rescue and then some should pop up, that's how I found the ones here.

#24 ·
yea those meat buyers will buy just about any horse it's sad. Someone might want to sell their horse to a nice family to become a riding companion and then they get bought by some killer buyer it's just horrible. :(

I hope to make a rescue ranch like this one day. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.