The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Natural Horsemanship (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/)
-   -   My video prep thread! lol (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/my-video-prep-thread-lol-38154/)

Spirithorse 10-14-2009 11:49 AM

My video prep thread! lol

Okay you guys, I've got some music picked out that I'll be using in my video. If you don't know them go look them up on YouTube:-)

"Zero Gravity" David Archuleta (loooooooove this song!:lol:)
"Horsenality" Mary Ann Kennedy
"The Trail Less Traveled" Mary Ann Kennedy

I'll get more music soon....I'm picky! haha.

Also, seeing as me making this video has a purpose, what do you wanna see? This is probably going to turn into a major project! lol. But that's okay, it'll be fun!

kevinshorses 10-14-2009 12:29 PM

Take a listen to Juaqima to Freno by Ian Tyson.

As far as what I would like to see in a video. Let me tell you what I don't want to see. I don't want to see anyone riding bridleless and bareback unless they can do it well. No bouncing or wrong leads. And no baby talk to your horse. Other than that I'm good with everything. Oh and no hard sell on the Parrelli.

Spirithorse 10-14-2009 01:14 PM

Well there might be bridleless riding, just depends on where my horse is at that day. I don't bounce and I certainly don't get wrong leads, so no worries there! lol yea, I don't baby talk my horse, if he needs me to get firm, I get firm. And hate to tell ya, but the purpose of the video is to show people what Parelli looks like done correctly, so it is going to be a Parelli video :)

kevinshorses 10-14-2009 01:44 PM

Let your horse sell the program. Alot of people get turned off of a program that could help them because of the hard sell. If your purpose is to open peoples eyes to the method that has worked so well for you then let your horse do the selling. That would do more to convince me.

G and K's Mom 10-14-2009 01:47 PM

This is the fellow I was taking about before Jonathan Field and one of his horse's Hal. Jonathan was a Parelli instructor but has since gone out on his own now that Parelli dropped his Canadian Program.

If you look closely I'm in the strands.....LOL

I LOVE the second song. Have a little faith in me.

G and K's Mom 10-14-2009 02:05 PM

I want to be wowed. The standard Parelli videos have been done to death. While I'm sure you want it for a keepsake and are very proud of your horse and yourself, I like to see the advanced stuff.

kevinshorses 10-14-2009 02:09 PM

That's a horseman there!!! I think Pat and his wife are excellent horseman as well. They have just made such a business of it that alot of people resent it and there are a lot of people that think they are alot better than they are and throw the Parrelli name around too much.

Spirithorse 10-14-2009 02:13 PM

Awesome video! I think I saw him at a tour stop once.....maybe?......several years back. His name is familiar which is why I think I may have seen him. Very inspiring!

Spirithorse 10-14-2009 02:15 PM

G and K's Mom....I'll do my best to wow you :) I won't be jumping bareback and bridleless! lol but I'll do the most advanced things I can at this point in time. I plan to jump bb and bridleless eventually, we just aren't there yet.

kitten_Val 10-15-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirithorse (Post 428626)
Well there might be bridleless riding, just depends on where my horse is at that day. I don't bounce and I certainly don't get wrong leads, so no worries there! lol yea, I don't baby talk my horse, if he needs me to get firm, I get firm. And hate to tell ya, but the purpose of the video is to show people what Parelli looks like done correctly, so it is going to be a Parelli video :)

I'd think kevin was talking about the carrot sticks advertisements and such. Lol!