The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Looking for a horse to buy! (UK) (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/looking-horse-buy-uk-38432/)

speedy da fish 10-18-2009 06:34 AM

Looking for a horse to buy! (UK)

im 17 looking for a 14.2hh - 16hh(max) horse (preferably mare). this will be my 1st horse of my own but i have been riding (a lot) for 10 years. I love jumping (SJ and XC) and want to spend a lot of time with my new (friendly) horse :)

I live in shropshire, UK so somewhere in the midlands or better still west midlands would be good. I am prepeared to travel for a good horse though :). Also North Wales would be great as i live closer to there than most parts of England

any ideas for me?

channy 10-18-2009 02:17 PM

what breed of horse are you looking for? the horse and rider have a good selection of horses for sale! But i would reccoment a cob as they are hardy and they make amazing 1st horses they are relaxed and easy going! Hoped this helped!

speedy da fish 10-18-2009 02:48 PM

yeah thanks i havnt look in magazines but ive looked on the websites and in the paper, a cob would be nice but I need something that will event to at least 3ft 3 :s so im looking for something with a little more spirit. im going to look at an anglo arab soon though :)

Aoi Miku 10-20-2009 07:27 AM

You could try an import?
Or a Native?
How much money have you got to buy one?

Just, don't buy one from a dealer. Especially if it's your first horse.
Cobs can jump pretty well.
Not the full Vanners but the Cob x TB's are amazing.
I would always recommend an ex racer but again, not as a first horse lol.

You could always ask around local riding schools. The ones near me always have horses for sale that don't make the cut for the riding school.

speedy da fish 10-22-2009 01:46 PM

yeah ive looked at one, an Anglo-Morgan and i really love him! Im going to see him again on saturday to jump him. Hes 15hh, bay with a little star :)

Oh yeah and his name is William

IheartPheobe 10-22-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy da fish (Post 432472)
yeah thanks i havnt look in magazines but ive looked on the websites and in the paper, a cob would be nice but I need something that will event to at least 3ft 3 :s so im looking for something with a little more spirit. im going to look at an anglo arab soon though :)

a friend of mine, maria, has a cob named will. (you can look them up on youtube, her username is zy135) she has a lot of videos about it but in short, will used to be strictly no jumping and now i'm pretty sure she's taken him up to 3'ft and i'm SURE he could higher.

speedy da fish 10-23-2009 04:26 AM

sweet the horse im probably buying is called Will :)

reme107 10-23-2009 02:29 PM

sell your horse for free at www.devinearena.com