The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   Those Lessons (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/those-lessons-38473/)

jumpingstar 10-18-2009 05:54 PM

Those Lessons

Has anyone else had those lessons where everything seems to go wrong?
The ones where you just fell like crying? I don't now why but sometimes you're muscles just don't feel like cooporating with what you are trying to do in your lesson lol. I don't think I'm the only one am I? I've had some but none latley thankfully!!haha

Brighteyes 10-18-2009 06:09 PM

Ah... Makes me think back to when I was just starting to learn posting trot.... I couldn't rise out of the saddle without using my legs to save my life! My trainer was like, "Keep your legs still! Don't use those stirrups! Do that again or you aren't even going to have those stirrups!" Oh, I went crazy... I just could do it. Dang, I'm glad I kept with it though. Looking back on that now makes me smile. :D

jumpingstar 10-19-2009 06:59 AM

Omg! Yes Thats how it used to be with me. I could not get the hang of posting it just didn't feel right haha. Even though my instructor was very patient, I felt like I was letting her down or something.
I probably couldn't hold 2 point for more than 5 seconds either lol.That was a while ago!
I'm very happy I didn't quit because I was really thinking about it! :( But now I don't think I could live without horses! <3

1dog3cats17rodents 10-19-2009 07:29 AM

I hate those lessons! I just feel like everything I"m doing is wrong. ANd then there are those days everything just goes right...

Sghorselover 10-19-2009 08:00 PM

Oh once i was helping out with a camp at my barn i was lunging this girl my horse spooked (she was on her) and she fell off at a canter and she was not even able to sit a walk!! it was scarry!! Taht happended 2 months ago

Sghorselover 10-19-2009 08:02 PM

OHHH ANother one is a frew weeks ago i was riding and so the peeps who run my barn are idiots so the biuiest hourse are after school at like 1-5 and i want paying attention and the empied the dumpster right next to the beginer jumper arena and my horse spooks and canter all the way in to a jump nad jumps it at like a gallop!! HAHah I am a loser
YEah

1dog3cats17rodents 10-19-2009 08:24 PM

Sghorselover-Would you mind using proper grammar, puncuation, and spelling? It is very difficult to read your posts. Thank you

aussielover310 10-19-2009 08:37 PM

I've had those lessons...many times. The good lessons make you forget about the bad lessons though. (:

jumpingstar 10-20-2009 06:52 AM

Yah and the lesssons that go so terribly seem to teach you so much. It sounds funny but that's what I've found.

gypsygirl 10-20-2009 09:40 AM

last time i had a lesson i got pissed and basically got off & said im going home [had to trailer an hr to have a lesson] i thought the trainer was gonna work out based on the first 3 lessons, but then we came to a major cross roads training/jumping wise. he was a total jerk & tried to get me to man hadle the horse, when she was clearly scared. that horse had never stopped at a jump before that lesson. not the best lesson experience of my life !

i wish i could find a trainer that i really liked around here !