The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   kisses (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/kisses-3848/)

Annabel 10-15-2007 04:16 AM

kisses

my pony wont let me kiss her! :( she is my special baby and i just love giving her all of my love and affection :cry: , all the other horses on my property love smooches, but Polly hates it. i think she must be super head shy, any cures?

Vidaloco 10-15-2007 08:16 AM

I have a fear of getting my nose broke by a horse head so I don't push the kissing issue. I just give lots of pets and hugs :) Vida likes kisses but her daughter doesn't (shes only 1) so I just give pets and nose rubs not kisses.

KANSAS_TWISTER 10-15-2007 03:39 PM

never had my nose broken by giving a kiss to any of my horses!!!!, abby loves them, although i will not give a kiss to a head shy horse

Vidaloco 10-15-2007 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KANSAS_TWISTER
never had my nose broken by giving a kiss to any of my horses!!!!, abby loves them, although i will not give a kiss to a head shy horse

It may be an urban legend but I heard of a person having to have facial reconstruction because of a horse smacking them with its head in the face :roll: :P I've gotten several bloody noses from being in the wrong place at the wrong time, so maybe thats why I'm paranoid. I still love kisses though :)

moonflame994 10-15-2007 07:18 PM

Re: kisses

is she new???

Mz.Packman 10-25-2007 06:30 PM

I kiss my horses all the time because I love them so much! Yeah, I can see how you could get hurt if one flung it's head. I just make sure that doesn't happen. Try feeding her a treat or some feed and kiss her while she's eating it. Works on guys too! :lol: Naw, just kidding. Had to put that in though.

Duskylove 10-25-2007 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mz.Packman
I kiss my horses all the time because I love them so much! Yeah, I can see how you could get hurt if one flung it's head. I just make sure that doesn't happen. Try feeding her a treat or some feed and kiss her while she's eating it. Works on guys too! :lol: Naw, just kidding. Had to put that in though.

Hahaha yeah try feeding your boyfriend a hotdog while your kissin him he'll be like "umm whatcha doin?'' and you can respond "becoming a better equestrian" haha jk

Mz.Packman 10-25-2007 11:53 PM

Yeah! Good idea! Your story is fine, but I'd hate to see a video. :idea: Hey, I dare someone to do that (just don't blame it on me!). Sorry...probably spam.

PoptartShop 10-26-2007 12:05 AM

Yeah not all horses like being kissed.
Find something to replace kissing...like, hugging?
Maybe she just doesn't like being kissed! :D

Jackie Bee Happy 11-26-2007 03:29 PM

Yeah, my horse likes kisses, but I have been wacked in the nose and chin so hard a couple times that I almost lost consciousness! That HURT! Jackie hates hugs though. She is really tickleish on her chest and throws up her head when I touch her.