The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   OUCH! Belle Hurt My Finger! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/ouch-belle-hurt-my-finger-38559/)

thunderhooves 10-19-2009 08:04 PM

OUCH! Belle Hurt My Finger!

3 Attachment(s)
ok, I'm not going to blame it on my horse, but i hurt my finger yesterday:
It all started out well, got up at 7 to go to my dads to load belle into the trailer and go to the gymkhana. Well, over an hour later, belle wasn't in yet. we tried every technique except blindfolding but she still wouldn't go in. she got both front feet up fine, but stretched like you've never seen a horse stretch before. In between that, I tried to lightly lunge her in her (very muddy) pasture at a slow trot. Well, she got annoyed, bucked, got off balance, slipped, and skidded on her side for about 6 feet. I also cut my hand when it was between the divider in the trailer, she threw all her weight against the rope, and I wasn't ready for it. My hand got jammed and cut deep. OWWWW! :( We finally just put her back. I know your not supposed to, but believe me, that horse is going to get in that darn ugly stupid 2 horse straight 1960s blue trailer!
Attached are pics. It looks so much worse in person!

1dog3cats17rodents 10-19-2009 08:25 PM

Ouch! I hope that heals quickly, finger injuries not only hurt, they seem to always get in the way!

aussielover310 10-19-2009 08:36 PM

Ouch! That definitely looks like it had to hurt...and still does hurt. Hopefully it'll heal fast.

NorthernMama 10-19-2009 08:39 PM

Oooh -- I know of what you speak. I have the same trailer and a BIG horse! Still haven't worked up the nerve to bring her in there for exactly the reason of what happened to you! Hope you heal up well.

thunderhooves 10-20-2009 09:38 PM

thanks you guys!

thunderhooves 10-22-2009 06:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here it is, 5 days later. healing up, but still....you know.....gross?.........

horseluver2435 10-23-2009 04:47 PM

Aww. Feel better, I hate it when my fingers get hurt. I agree, it always seems to get in my way, especially when I'm...
-riding
-mucking/doing chores at the barn
-writing
-typing
or
-doing pretty much anything

Lol. :) Hope you heal up!