The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   My new horse will need a new name! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/my-new-horse-will-need-new-38646/)

Trinity 10-21-2009 10:40 AM

My new horse will need a new name!

1 Attachment(s)
The title says it all!
She comes home tomorrow (I'll try her out to see if I like her) but I dont like her name! Its currently "Cora". Her registered name is Mr Oles Foxy Lady. She hasnt been ridden in a month because of the owners leg injury, so will need to be re freshed, thats fine with me. Any name suggestions?

Attachment 14912

I will get more pictures tomorrow when she comes in :D

Also, if anyone wants to look at her pedigree, to tell me what you think, heres a link:

Mr Oles Foxy Lady Quarter Horse

mls 10-21-2009 10:52 AM

I do not understand why people feel the need to change names on a critter. How would you like it if someone didn't like your name and changed it to suit them?

Trinity 10-21-2009 10:57 AM

Well I guess thats your opinion.

gypsygirl 10-21-2009 10:59 AM

who cares ? its your horse she should have a name you like/can tolerate !

i think she is gorgeous btw !

im really bad at naming though...whats her personality like ?

luvmyperch 10-21-2009 11:03 AM

It took me over a week to think of Noah's name. It was Thunder, which always makes me think of a bratty little pony. Nobody liked any of the names I picked, so when I finally decided on Noah, I wouldn't tell anyone until after he was home! Luckily, it totally fits him. Check out this site... Horse Names

Trinity 10-21-2009 11:04 AM

Thank you!
I guess shes a bit stubborn, but willing to please at the same time. I will definitly know more tomorrow! I could amost turn this into a contest... everyone just write down names, and when I meet her tomorrow, I will pick the one that suits her the best! lol

Speed Racer 10-21-2009 11:14 AM

As long as you don't change her registered name, what does it matter?

Since you're only bringing her home to try her out, I wouldn't jump the gun on changing her barn name, anyway.

Besides, their personality usually gives away their name, not some silly contest.

gypsygirl 10-21-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvmyperch (Post 435097)
It took me over a week to think of Noah's name. It was Thunder, which always makes me think of a bratty little pony. Nobody liked any of the names I picked, so when I finally decided on Noah, I wouldn't tell anyone until after he was home! Luckily, it totally fits him. Check out this site... Horse Names

haha ! i had my horse for about 2 weeks before i named her !

Alwaysbehind 10-21-2009 01:23 PM

I think the only one who will be able to pick a good name will be you and the others around her.

She is cute.

I actually like Cora.

Jessabel 10-21-2009 01:31 PM

I like the name "Tora" and it sounds close to her original name. "Cinder" would be cute for a chestnut as well. She's adorable, btw.