The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   10 yo ASB for Giveaway - Great Natural Horsemanship Project! (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/10-yo-asb-giveaway-great-natural-38650/)

lcunningham 10-21-2009 12:01 PM

10 yo ASB for Giveaway - Great Natural Horsemanship Project!

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and have a horse that I need to find a good home for.
His name is "What About That", barn name Red and is a 10 year registered saddlebred gelding. He has loads of potential as a pleasure horse or a sport horse. He has great conformation and is well bred. Red was pulled from a broker-lot in PA, and is a former Amish road-horse. Legs are clean, no soundness issues. I have had him since June 2008, working on getting him to like people again (which he does, he's a giant puppy dog) and to transition him back to working undersaddle. He's coming along, but slowly. One of the girls at the barn has started natural horsemanship with him and feels he could make great progress with someone who would be interested in going that route with him. Unfortunately, that won't fit into my program, so I am looking to give him away to a good home.
He loads, clips, bathes, stands for farrier/vet, is up-to-date on vaccines/coggins/farrier work/worming. Ties/crossties, perfect ground manners.
If you are interested, or know someone who may be, please pass the info along. I can email pics if interested. We are located in WV and I would be willing to take the horse to his new home within 100 miles of where we are.

Thanks,
Lauren Cuningham
ladybird_C@yahoo.com

deineria 10-21-2009 10:44 PM

I just wanted to comment and say it was great that you were able to rescue him.
We have a 9-10 yr old Amish rescue Saddlebred gelding as well. We are also in WV. We are actually having issues right now tonight with him and phoning the vet back and forth because it looks like Laminitis and Colic all at once!

Best of luck finding a home for this guy!

lcunningham 11-11-2009 12:34 PM

This boy has found a home! :-)