The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Can anyone help track down this horse? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/can-anyone-help-track-down-horse-38675/)

FoxTrottrGrl 10-21-2009 06:19 PM

Can anyone help track down this horse?

I'm not even sure if this is possible, but I'm trying to track down a horse I used to own. His name is Smokin Double Scotch (Smokey), a 1999 brown Quarter Horse gelding, by Double The Money out of Scotchs Sun Country (Otoes Sun Country). Last known wherabouts was southern Missouri, about four years ago. Anybody have any ideas? I tried Google, and at one point it came up with an auction listing and showed him in it, but that's gone now.

jemmamalone 10-22-2009 06:57 PM

Im sorry your having such a hard time finding him.
I wish you all the best of luck with your search..
If you havent already, why dont you put up adds on all the horse for sale websites and stuffs for trying to locate..
But remember that the person who owns him now may not be willing to come forward.
Good luck though

OliviaKate 11-08-2009 09:48 AM

I have been trying to track my horse down to. But my story is a little different, about 8 months ago i had a horse with very bad behaviour problems, he was 17 hands so as you could imagine he was very hard to control it even ment my sister getting kicked in the face from his rearing up. But we sent him off to a horse trainer and he worked with him but said he wasnt getting better that he had some sort of horse ADHD, But i had the bond with him, i loved him with all my heart and now im trying to track him down, if anybody knows anything i could do it would be great i wont stop trying intill i find him. thanks

smrobs 11-08-2009 12:34 PM

FTG, you might try contacting the AQHA. If the buyers have kept up with the transfer on his papers, the AQHA might know who his current owners are.

Nita 11-08-2009 06:41 PM

Yeah... or you could always go to AQHA greener pastures program, it's not for sure, but he might be entered in it. Good luck!