The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   This is why we learn the basics... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/why-we-learn-basics-38697/)

chelssss(: 10-21-2009 09:09 PM

This is why we learn the basics...

This horse is an absolute saint.

Spastic_Dove 10-21-2009 09:19 PM

Oh my god. WHAT

SmoothTrails 10-21-2009 09:24 PM

That had to hurt the poor horse!!! why in the world would somebody like that be riding at all

chelssss(: 10-21-2009 09:24 PM

:shock: The landing after the yellow oxer for sure had him singing the high notes.

Plains Drifter 10-21-2009 09:30 PM

I can't believe they didn't stop that guy from riding.

chelssss(: 10-21-2009 09:37 PM

When I first started watching it, I noticed It was going to be an interesting video of an interesting ride as soon as he started to trot the horse. You could tell he didn't know how to use neither his legs, or hands, and he had no center balance between his shoulder, hip, and leg.

nirvana 10-21-2009 09:38 PM

:shock:Lordy that video makes me cringe! That poor horses back! Can you imagine being one of the other competitors there?? I thought I wasnt good at juming! He NEEDS to go back to basics. And that horse must be bomb proof.... not duming his rider after all that!

APHA MOMMA 10-21-2009 09:47 PM

To be honest with you, it seriously looks like the rider was drunk, lol, and if so, he did a **** good job at staying on everytime he went airborne!!! How the heck did he manage to get his feet back in the stirrups everytime after the landing!!

Wow, that poor horse, especially the part where the guy was truly airborne and then landed back down on the neck, that part made me cringe!!!! What a truly lovely horse though, hopefully the **** rider doesn't ruin him for good. :(

BaileeJJMommy 10-21-2009 10:45 PM

Holy Moly Batman! I can't believe he didn't fall off! Thats crazy. Who the heck let him in there?

smrobs 10-22-2009 03:04 AM

That poor horse. I have ridden in an english saddle like 5 times and I think I could do better than that. Was it grab any idiot from the audience and toss him on a jumping horse day at the stadium or what? Those few strides where he was without stirrups I think were the best of the entire ride.