The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Need Help Deciding....... (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/need-help-deciding-39039/)

APHA MOMMA 10-26-2009 06:55 PM

Need Help Deciding.......

5 Attachment(s)
On my 2 yr old daughter's pageant dress. Okay so I entered my daughter in the cinderella preliminaries pageant and it is mainly a scholarship pageant. It is NON-GLITZ, which means absolutely NO make-up and nothing to sparkly or poofy, which I really LOVE because I can't stand tons of make up on kids, actually I don't like make up at all on children. They still have young skin and are beautiful just the way they are.

Anyways, I pretty much narrowed it down to a dress, BUT I am wondering what color. It comes in
-Ivory
-Lilac
-Pink
-Red
-Sage
-Sky Blue (as pictured)
-White

Please view here: Shoulder Sharing Baby Dress - CB523 - Infant & Toddler Dresses

I fell in love with this dress because it added just enough to it where it isn't over-done but also not plain.

Her pageant is on November 14th, so I need to figure out a color soon so I can order it.

Oh, I was leaning more towards the sky blue only because I think it would go beautifully with my daughters red hair. Here are pictures of my daughter. Please vote your color. :D

First 3 pictures are the most recent of her, she just turned 2 and then the last two pictures are when she was 7 months but it just gives you an idea on how good light blue looks with her red hair.

free_sprtd 10-26-2009 07:01 PM

awww I agree the sky blue is stunning! she's gorgeous :)

APHA MOMMA 10-26-2009 07:06 PM

Thank you so much. I just wish they would actually show other pictures of the other colors in that dress, it would make it so much easier to decide, lol, although I do think the sky blue is very gorgeous. I have been a tomboy all my life and was raised by my father only so I NEVER got to ever really clean up nice, haha.

I truly want to teach my daugther that it is fun to get dirty but also fun to be a girl at times. :D This is the first time I have ever done anything this girlie, but I am sure I will have a blast with my daughter.

Haley 10-26-2009 07:13 PM

Too bad there's no emerald green! That's my favorite color with red hair. Sky blue would be the best out of the choices though. That 2nd picture is CUTE. Love it! Your daughter is just precious.

TaMMa89 10-26-2009 07:20 PM

I voted for lilac. I think lilac/pink is positively prominent because it's pretty vivid color. And it always becomes a little princess well :-).

Ps. You've a cute daughter and this dress is stunning.

APHA MOMMA 10-26-2009 08:54 PM

Yes I LOVE emerald green with red hair. :D Also I really like lilac too, but I always have her in something either pink or purple, which is the only reason I picked the sky blue, haha. She looks so beautiful in lilac so that is a tough one, hmm.....

free_sprtd 10-26-2009 10:51 PM

Keep us updated on what you choose, and it would be great to see pics of her when you get it!

APHA MOMMA 10-26-2009 10:53 PM

Oh for sure, I will make my decision in probably 2 more days that way I can go ahead and get it ordered since I will have it shipped via ground. So far it seems the majority is liking the sky blue. :D Oh and I will for sure take pictures of Kaydence in the dress and I will also let y'all know how she does in the pageant which will be held on the 14th. I am sooo excited.

My2Geldings 10-27-2009 11:04 AM

Depends on the dress? In pink it really go well with her skin tone, but if you want to stick to the Disney theme, I think sky blue is what would be best. She is one stunning little girl!

APHA MOMMA 10-28-2009 01:37 PM

Awww, thanks so very much. Yah pink looks so beautiful with her. They have a part that is "casual wear" and I have a pink and black plaid dress for her for that so I didn't know if I should do another pink dress. I also was thinking more along the disney theme, like how cinderella wears blue and it is called the "cinderella pageant". :D I also thought that it just might be "different" you know, that maybe another little girl won't really have something that color, hahaha. I sooo appreciate everyone's votes and help. It is soooo wonderful.