The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   english saddles (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/english-saddles-39049/)

rottenweiler 10-26-2009 08:14 PM

english saddles

Ok I am possibly in the market to purchase my own english saddle and I'm wondering what is a good brand and/or place to buy one (online). I think I'd probably go with an english all purpose saddle to leave my options open for the future. I am currently just doing 'flat work' I guess you'd call it. Just trail riding and walk, trot and canter in the arena. I wont be doing any showing. I like the way the wintec's LOOK but I wonder what other riders think of them?

farmpony84 10-26-2009 08:20 PM

I'm not a great fan of wintec but I've heard alot of positive remarks on them here on this forum. I think if you are looking for a first saddle and don't have a big overall game plan, the if it were me, I'd go w/ the kincaid. I think they are pretty good for the price.

bubblegum 10-26-2009 08:28 PM

berney or giddens saddles are great or you vould go for an endurane one or a treelessone

jchunterjumper 10-27-2009 06:25 PM

I have a bates, which is leather but has the same qualities of the wintecs. they have the cair air pannels, which i am in love with bc the air works to relieve pressure point on the back,and the gullet changing system.... also wintec makes a saddle that has a swede seat, which many people love (I work at a tack store and know what most ppl like) I would get a wintec! :)

jchunterjumper 10-27-2009 06:26 PM

i forgot to add that if you are looking for a leather saddle, the HDR's are really nice and not too expensive

rottenweiler 10-27-2009 06:48 PM

why do they have to be so dang expensive?!

jchunterjumper 10-27-2009 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rottenweiler (Post 441247)
why do they have to be so dang expensive?!

haha probibly bc they can make them expensive,... you need a saddle to ride (well i guess technically you dont, but most people prefere them)

farmpony84 10-28-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchunterjumper (Post 441224)
I have a bates, which is leather but has the same qualities of the wintecs. they have the cair air pannels, which i am in love with bc the air works to relieve pressure point on the back,and the gullet changing system.... also wintec makes a saddle that has a swede seat, which many people love (I work at a tack store and know what most ppl like) I would get a wintec! :)

A bates is about a 2500 saddle. I might have misunderstood but I thought she was looking for a "starter" saddle wich would probably be in the $250 or less range....??

farmpony84 10-28-2009 11:29 AM

ignore my post... you were suggesting the wintec.... teehee...

Void 10-28-2009 11:33 AM

I'm a big fan of consignment stores. Go there and see what they have in your price range.