The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Pictures of your adorable (human) kids :) (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/pictures-your-adorable-human-kids-39101/)

Mrs B 10-27-2009 05:25 PM

Pictures of your adorable (human) kids :)

4 Attachment(s)
We're always seeing pictures of everyone's four-legged, equine children. How about your two-legged, fur-free kids? :-)

This is Madison, my beautiful 5 1/2 month old daughter. She's our little angel, our miracle baby. When I was about 22 weeks pregnant, my bloodwork came back abnormal. After an emergency ultrasound, the doctors discovered that she had gastroschisis, a condition in which the intestines did not retract back into her abdomen after they had finished forming outside of her little body.

From then on, I had to go in for ultrasounds, growth scans, and non-stress tests (NSTs) twice a week, every week until delivery. I was ordered by my OB to quit my job so I could stay at home and rest. I was also hospitalized on and off for the next few months because of low amniotic fluid levels, decelerations in her heartrate, and increased swelling in her exposed bowel.

At 35 weeks and 2 days, I went in for a routine appointment, and during the ultrasound, the doctors noticed what they thought was a loop in her bowel that had dilated to four times its width, compared to two days earlier. After the doctors discussed options with the pediatric surgeon, they told me, "Today's the day." I called my husband and he rushed over to the hospital.

Even though it wasn't part of our birth plan, I decided to go with a C-section so we could get her out and the surgeons could do whatever they had to do. She was born on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 2:20 PM, weighing 4 lbs 11 oz. My husband was able to go down to the NICU to be with her, while the surgeons finished with me. As it turned out, it wasn't an intestinal loop that looked dilated in the ultrasound. Her intestines, gall bladder, ovaries, and stomach were all exposed, but our wonderful pediatric surgeon was able to place most of it back into her little tummy. At three days old, Maddy had major abdominal surgery to place the rest of her intestines back into her abdomen.

After four long weeks in the NICU, with a few setbacks, we were finally able to bring her home on June 9th. Today, her scar looks like an outtie bellybutton, she's a smiling, laughing baby girl, and the doctors call her the "poster child for gastroschisis."

Sorry for the novel, but I wanted to share why our Madison is so incredibly special to us. On to the pictures! :D

RegalCharm 10-27-2009 09:01 PM

Miracles never cease to amaze me.
and what a beautiful little angel too.

all my kids are grown but I have a
little granddaughter that I brag about and
show off here now and then. She is 6 months old
I posted these earlier on a thread.
but this is an excuse to post a couple again. LOL

Moxie 10-28-2009 12:11 AM

5 Attachment(s)
What beautiful angles!

Here are pictures of my little bear, Seth. He'll be 5 (oh my!) in Jan. Honestly where does the time go? You close your eyes for just a minute; open them again and they are telling you to be patient (yes, my little man has told me that). Children are one of life's most fulfilling joy's, and also one of life's most trying challenges.

Seth and I will always have this 'bond'. After giving birth to Seth, I developed P.E's (blood clots) that went through my heart and into my lungs. I was very sick and frankly did not have a very good chance to live. After 10 days in the hospital (most of which were spent without my new born child) I was able to go home and be with my baby boy. I will always remember the pain that I went through, but when I look at him, he will always be worth it.

Attachment 15402

Attachment 15403

Attachment 15404

Attachment 15405

Attachment 15406

dacer44 10-28-2009 12:24 AM

I don't have any children of my own but the story about Maddy gave me chills! That is such an amazing story! She is beautiful!!

Mrs B 10-28-2009 01:32 AM

Regal, what a gorgeous little girl your granddaughter is!! I can't wait until Maddy is that age so she can pick out pumpkins too :)

Moxie, that's is an incredible story. Isn't it amazing how sometimes a painful experience like that can bring us closer to our kids? I love the look on his face in the picture with the pink feather on his head lol

Dacer, by looking at Maddy today, no one ever would guess what she went through when she was first born. She truly is our little miracle. And thank you for the compliment :)

RegalCharm 10-28-2009 01:54 AM

Thank you Mrs B. for the nice comment about Aubrey.

and thank your hubby for his service to the country.

Moxie what a handsome little man you have
the little girls are going to give you fits in a couple more years. LOL

FGRanch 10-28-2009 01:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Mrs. B what a touching story. You have a stunning famliy! Regal your little GD is way to cute...those picturs are just awesome!

Moxie I love the picture of Seth as a new baby :) Pictures like that always make me sappy!

Picture below is my special boy. He is such a kind hearted little fella who just loves the animals. The horse, Dillon, just loves his boy.

Moxie 10-28-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs B (Post 441574)
Moxie, that's is an incredible story. Isn't it amazing how sometimes a painful experience like that can bring us closer to our kids? I love the look on his face in the picture with the pink feather on his head lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by RegalCharm (Post 441583)
Moxie what a handsome little man you have
the little girls are going to give you fits in a couple more years. LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by FehrGroundRanch (Post 441863)
Moxie I love the picture of Seth as a new baby :) Pictures like that always make me sappy!

Mrs B, that picture is one of my faves! He is SUCH a little ham, when he wants to be.

Regal, I already have that problem. lol Seth is such a people person that the girls just flock to him. As a matter of fact, he's already engaged haha ... He's such a ladies man already. Oye!

Tiff! The picture of Seth as a baby is one of my most faves! I love it so much that I have it tattoo'd on my upper arm. Your little man is such a doll!!!! Love that curly read hair ... sooooooo cute!

Mrs B 10-29-2009 04:30 PM

Awww, I love little red-headed kids!!! One of my friends is a redhead and is about to have triplets next month lol I can't wait to see her little babies!

Crimsonhorse01 10-29-2009 10:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Kinda a sad topic. They grow so quickly. I think she was four months old in the first picture, we were at a hotel for the billings horse sale. The second is Nana and Christina, and then our first bday pic. Shes 14 months now. So fast...:cry: