The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Critique Maddy- 6 yr old OTTB (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/critique-maddy-6-yr-old-ottb-39240/)

kchfuller 10-29-2009 11:48 AM

Critique Maddy- 6 yr old OTTB

10 Attachment(s)
So i would love you guys to critique Maddy...

6 yr old
OTTB
16 hands

The ground she is on isn't perfectly even but i had to tie her somewhere otherwise she would have followed me around.

I am sorry she isn't perfectly squared up.

I know he front feet are long, the farrier comes tomorrow- trust me she is on a strict 6 week shoeing.

I know she is toed out in the hind a little.

I am still trying to muscle her up.

I have had her for 2 years. I am doing hunters with her and will start jumping in the spring after all the rain. I have taken a few dressage lessons with her and those are going well.

I have attached lots of pics... standing ones, cantering and trotting to the left, cantering and trotting to the right and a few cute ones :lol:

Let me know what you think.

kchfuller 10-29-2009 11:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
*a few more pics

kchfuller 10-29-2009 02:48 PM

anyone? I see that lots of you have looked :D

bubblegum 10-29-2009 02:52 PM

i think she is lovely, im not great on critique but i dont see anything wrong other than what you mentioned, she is muscling up well and has the sweetest face, you should be proud of her

kchfuller 10-29-2009 03:04 PM

^thanks :) i am very blessed to have her and she is so willing ... i got lucky with my first horse that i am training all by myself

reining girl 10-29-2009 03:50 PM

SHe looks really good! Shes pretty stocky to. I like her alot, super sweet looking. Ugh it looks so warm were your at, i want to come over lol.

kchfuller 10-29-2009 04:43 PM

^it is cold! i had a big ol jacket on and thick breeches :)

sillybunny11486 10-29-2009 04:49 PM

cute. horses that have one foot forward like maybe be in pain/ uncomfortable (if it happens frequently.) Shes very cute. why does she have hind boots on in one of the photos? i didnt notice them at first.

kchfuller 10-29-2009 04:54 PM

^she isn't in pain, just antsy :D she kept trying to reach the grass around her so once i squared her up- she moved!

she has hind boots on in all the working pictures (i always ride/lounge in them)... she interferes a little (notice that she is toed out) and so they are for protection.

sillybunny11486 10-29-2009 05:03 PM

trying to understand this, if a horse is toes out why would her back legs interfere? wouldnt it be the opposite?