The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   Michigan Eventers? (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/michigan-eventers-39313/)

EventinginMI 10-30-2009 10:48 AM

Michigan Eventers?

Hey to all of you. =]

I'm located in the SW area, and was simply wondering if there is anyone interested in riding out at Ft. Custer with me (or someplace else), either sometime this late fall still, or in the spring? I have always envied those who get the chance to go, and now that I have a horse... well, it would be a lot of fun, IMO. =]

~Dinah

Pony~Princess 10-31-2009 02:44 PM

I would LOVE to meet you out at fort custer. :-)

MIEventer 10-31-2009 05:57 PM

Awww, you just missed out on the Battle Creeks Hunters Pace. A small group and I did it today and we had a blast. I was a Kitty Kat, and my friend was a Devil and my other friend was a Tree - lol.

Big turn out too. I didn't think to PM you about it. Poop.

But hey - Dorothy Crowell is coming to my barn for a 2 day clinic over Thanksgiving. You should totally sign up. I am for sure. Maybe we'll see one another!

EventinginMI 11-02-2009 06:44 PM

How much is it, MIEventer? And what about just to watch?

I was going to do the hunt pace, but I didn't have anyone to go with, and I took a sorta-bad fall a few weeks ago and Saturday was the first time I rode since then.

upsidedown 11-03-2009 08:57 PM

Eventers in Michigan need to stop making everyone else jealous with their coordination of schedules and their usernames involving the word, or some variation of it, "event" and the abreviation "MI" You're making us all look bad!

EventinginMI 11-04-2009 09:13 PM

Bahaha. Nice, upsidedown. =] I don't think it's us that are so coordinated- we just have dedicated volunteers that are pretty rockin' awesome. =] Plus, we do have quite a few places in the area to go, so I guess we're just among the really lucky eventers. =]

MIEventer 11-04-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

How much is it, MIEventer? And what about just to watch?

For Non Lou Don Members, the clinic is:

$125 for a private Dressage Lesson
$125 for semi group Jumping Lesson

For Auditing, it is $10.00 for one day, or $15.00 for all 3, or was it 2? I have to get the paper out of my car.

Dorothy is a phenominal Rider/Trainer. I ride under her every time she comes here, and I am OOBER excited that she is coming right quick!

It's funny, because I was corresponding with Diane via E-mail and said briefly "Is Dorothy coming to our neck of the woods this year? If so, you should have her at Lou Don, you'd get a great turn out! Not only are there a few Eventers, but the barn is crammed packed with Jumpers who would most definately benefit from her expertise"

And the next night I was out riding, Ena came to me and tried to surprise me with the news. lol.
WELL DUH!

I am so psyched! If you come, you'll know me right away. Just look for Nelson and you'll know it's me on him.

You may not remember me aftarwards, but you'll definately remember Nelson.
Quote:

Eventers in Michigan need to stop making everyone else jealous with their coordination of schedules and their usernames involving the word, or some variation of it, "event" and the abreviation "MI" You're making us all look bad!
Well, either move on down here and join us, or get your act together and show us what you've got.

Allison Finch 11-04-2009 10:21 PM

Upsidedown, where in NC are you?

Pony~Princess 11-05-2009 07:43 PM

:cry: Figures Dorothy Crowell comes up at the time I dont have a jumping or dressage horse:cry::cry:... I guess I could come audit..

MIEventer 11-05-2009 09:29 PM

What about the cutie you are leasing?

A, You are more than welcome to come and Audit all you want, and I am sure Ena would have a horse for you to use if you really wanted to ride!

You could use Nelson if you wanted, but you'd have to pay for the class.