The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Natural Horsemanship (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/)
-   -   Not sure if it's NH, but.. (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/not-sure-if-its-nh-but-39322/)

Zab 10-30-2009 02:29 PM

Not sure if it's NH, but..

...well. Bridleless usually go in here I suppose..
I'm not following any NH orinciples or anything tho, I just try my best to have common sense.. :)

Anyway..as many, one of my childhood dreams was to gallop bridleless across the fields. I neer gave it up, despite hope being crashed a few times.

Today.. I decided to try. Well..not cantering..yet.. but bridleless. We havn't had any preparation for it, it went better than I had hoped.

So, despite ''ruining'' my horse with tons of different bits and tools.. he listened and tried :D

We need to practice a few things..such as turn does not mean run, and stop does not mean throw your head up and keep walking.. but, here is my entire and first ride without a bridle. Ever. Dad stopped filming as the sun hit the camera, you're missing 2 uneventful seconds..and after the movie I go into the barn and hug my beautiful horse :P

kevinshorses 10-30-2009 02:51 PM

For me, bridleless is a test to see how close I am to my destination not the destination itself. When you ride brideless it is easy to see how much you are using your body and how much you rely on the reins. It can be rewarding and it is always eye opening. You did well and I hope you found some things you can work on tacked up to get you more in harmony with your horse.

Zab 10-30-2009 03:15 PM

That's how it is for you :P For me, it's a goal in itself. But it's not the only goal I have.. and I'm brought p with dressage = you always rely on your reins ;) More or less.

Sunny06 10-30-2009 06:25 PM

I absolutely LOVE Crow's walk. My favorite kind of walk ever. Very TWH looking which is kinda funny to see :)

Very nice, good job he seemed to be listening well.

Zab 10-30-2009 06:39 PM

Thanks! :)

Villey 11-09-2009 09:43 AM

Woow, I love your horse! So beautiful! :-P And also, good job. I hope, you'll be able to canter bridleless soon.

ridergirl23 11-09-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zab (Post 444362)
That's how it is for you :P For me, it's a goal in itself. But it's not the only goal I have.. and I'm brought p with dressage = you always rely on your reins ;) More or less.

I lovvvve your horse! He's soooo pretty!
But I have to comment: I ride dressage and the key to it especailly classical, is to use your body, NOT reins :p. It's not a lot different from reining. That's why they call reining 'western dressage'

:)

Scoutrider 11-09-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridergirl23 (Post 455432)
I lovvvve your horse! He's soooo pretty!
But I have to comment: I ride dressage and the key to it especailly classical, is to use your body, NOT reins :p. It's not a lot different from reining. That's why they call reining 'western dressage' :)

I agree 150%. Very well put.

Wonderful job, Zab and Crow! I look forward to seeng more video and seeing how you both improve! Kudos :D.

mom2pride 11-09-2009 09:31 PM

Very nice job! :D