The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Selling her :( (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/selling-her-39339/)

savvylover112 10-30-2009 07:05 PM

Selling her :(

Hey everyone :D

For anyone who knows me personally on this like anyone from horse chat you will know that I have a horse called Phoebe :D

Well Dad has suggested selling her. She just isn't working out. She is getting very clumsy with the show jumping and that is what I want a horse for right now. She also has varying mood swings that just don't work well. She doesn't have the right mindset for a show jumper.

I just thought I would tell you all the problem is even though she is grumpy and tries to kill me on a daily basis I love her. I could never love her as much as Patch cos he is my first horse but I do love this little horse.

AussieDaisyGirl 10-30-2009 11:07 PM

Sometimes that's just how it goes. Hang in there {{{HUGS}}}

HorsePride 10-31-2009 04:06 AM

Well, sometimes, thats the way the... COOKIE ROLLS! No, lol sorry. But sometimes... Well... :(

ChingazMyBoy 10-31-2009 05:14 AM

Awww . .. . I'm sorry, what about leasing her out to a more advanced person?

Saskia 10-31-2009 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChingazMyBoy (Post 445044)
Awww . .. . I'm sorry, what about leasing her out to a more advanced person?

Although this is generally a good option if she is not suitable for what you want to do then chances are she'll never be, and you might be able to sell her to someone who she is suited for and she can their forever horse. I don't know your relationship with your horse though, but you don't seem great.

Horses have mood swings, mares especially. If you are looking for a more even tempered horse look more at the geldings, although remember each horse is different. Mares are generally more dominant and moody though.

I think you need to figure out what the problem is. A clumsy horse in the ring might not necessarily be a bad jumper, she may just need more work in collection, rhythm, gymnastics etc. To be successful you have to work at these things, so figure out if the performance problems are really her problem or your problem.

As for attitude, you won't know if you get on with a horse for a while (generally) so a new one might not be any better. If she tries to "kill you" everyday then maybe its the way that you handle her that causes you not to respect you.

My advice would be to work out what your problems are, perhaps get a good quality SJ trainer to do a lesson with you so that she can evaluate your horses potential. If you come to the conclusion that the horse isn't suitable for you for whatever reason then consider selling her if that is what you want, but if its just something that requires work, be aware all horses are like that. Don't quit just because its getting a bit tougher.

Good luck.

savvylover112 10-31-2009 08:11 AM

My relationship with her isn't all that bad I was over exagerating when I said she tried to kill me everyday ok sorry bout that I am just a little upset that my dad even suggested selling her. She is well collected she just gets too excited and as for attitude I have had her for a long time and her attitude has never changed. As for the jumping she is good at it but after she went hunting and did cross country a bit she just knew that show jumps could and will fall down so she doesn't respect them she will probably be going to a home where she will be a hunting horse as that is what she loves.

I only put it on here to tell my friends on horse forum about not to be told that I have problems and that I handle her wrong on a daily basis.

savvylover112 10-31-2009 08:12 AM

And to everyone else yes I know thats sometimes the way it goes and horsepride don't say sorry you made me laugh :D

ChingazMyBoy 10-31-2009 08:30 AM

Aww K, I hope everything goes well. Pm me if you need a friend :)

savvylover112 10-31-2009 09:55 AM

Thanks Maddie :D:D

savvylover112 10-31-2009 06:19 PM

Hey everyone this is not Shauna(savvylover112) it is her sister. She asked me to post this for her she is busy right now.

What would I be looking for in a potential buyer for her?
And what sort of questions should I ask the owners of any horses I go to look at??