The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Video First Impressions please (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/video-first-impressions-please-39398/)

stacieandtheboys 10-31-2009 01:26 PM

Video First Impressions please

This horse is advertised on my local craigslist. I was just wondering what your first impressions are of him. i dont have any confo pics of him. I would be trail riding mostly and just riding for pleasure. No shows or anything like that.

My poor mare is starting to have problems with arthritis and we are having her xrayed this week. No sure if we will be able to ride her anymore depending on what they find so I am just looking around.

Oh and I know he is on the incorrect lead the first time around :)

AussieDaisyGirl 10-31-2009 02:05 PM

He's pretty!

reining girl 10-31-2009 04:55 PM

he is handsome and looks like he has a nice handle on him. the only thing i dont like is that he takes the wrong lead and she doesnt correct him, she actually praises him for it. So if he has gotten away wiht that for a long time, you might have some troubles there. Other than that, i need more details lol, like how old, how tall (more so im just curious on that one lol) what has he done, what breed, how much are they wanting for him.

Nita 10-31-2009 05:10 PM

For trail riding I think he would be fine. If you were going to show him I would say that you would have some training to do, though! How much do they want for him?

He looks pretty solid... Why does the rider lean back like that though? I kinda want to push her forward a little, I keep expecting her to just fall out of the saddle, LOL.

I'm wondering if he might have some serious holes in his foundation if she doesn't even know that he is on the wrong lead and doesn't correct him, though. Just a thought.

stacieandtheboys 10-31-2009 05:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
His ad says that he was a ranch horse, now used for trails and in parades. She may not know the cues to make him take the correct lead...I don't know. He is 15.1 hh. Not sure if he is registered. If he isn't they are asking way to much. If he is they still are asking a little much seeing as how cheap horses are going for around here. THey want $1800. I haven't inquired at all about him. Just wanted to get some thoughts on him...maybe some questions for them if I do inquire.

Here is the pic from the ad.

Oh and he is 10

HalfPass 11-02-2009 10:42 AM

HI there.
I think he is a pretty horse. The only thing that bugs me is in the first portion of the video and one of the only time he is trotting for more than two seconds I thought he looked a bit off. Wonder why she never lets him trot? I think I would want to see more of a jog or trot, and then reacess. He is a nice looking horse and if he has no issues he will probably be good with some work.
Love how shiney he is in the last pic!!
HP
PS...
I went back and looked again. Right around the 1 min mark is where i thought I saw something, but it could be just that he was at the lope and dropped out of it.

SavvyHearts 11-02-2009 10:46 AM

I've seen that background before (where the horse is being ridden) didn't someone here buy a horse from them? Can't remember the username. BUt I know she rides English ;) lol