The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   Anyone in the NE LA area? (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/anyone-ne-la-area-39849/)

TupeloHoney 11-05-2009 03:46 PM

Anyone in the NE LA area?

Louisiana that is... probably not but its worth a shot.

Kind of around the Monroe area.

Em new to the area and it seems I cannot find anyone horsey in the area.
I ride mostly English Usually jumpers and eventing but I like hunters as well.
Or does anyone know of a good barn or some local schooling shows around here, I have to young green horses who could really benefit from some small schooling shows. I also am out a trainer since I moved so any good trainers that you know of around her would be great!

By the way I'm new to this forum so HI!

BaliDoll 11-05-2009 05:35 PM

hahaha, I'm from Los Angeles and I was like 'North East.... hmmm where is horse property in the north east?" :-p

TupeloHoney 11-05-2009 08:25 PM

lol yea I thought I would get something like that ... no im nowhere near Los Angeles ... did grow up in Sacremento though!

StormyBlues 11-07-2009 01:41 PM

Holly Hill farm in Benton is an AMAZING facility! They do eventing and hunter stuff. Just google, you'll be able to find some good barns, I know that LA is big in the eventing circut, im in Area V too.

TupeloHoney 11-07-2009 07:21 PM

I have wanted to go visit Holly Hill for a while. I have Grandparents in Shreveport. neither of my horses are far along enough to take up there to school though. I have been wanting to look into their clinic list and see what they have but then again I will still need to do alot of work with mine before I even could consider taking them somwhere.

StormyBlues 11-07-2009 11:29 PM

They have a couple of baby jumps, a full water complex to school in and baby banks, the jumps are easy and small so maybe you could try!

TupeloHoney 11-07-2009 11:34 PM

Yea when I get my TB back in shape I plan on heading out there for sure!! ... My little QH is really green though ...im not so sure I would even call him greeen hes learning to turn! not so ready for a cross country course!

StormyBlues 11-08-2009 01:00 PM

HAHA! Yea, it's a great place, great footing, nice people, etc. We love the venue!

TupeloHoney 11-08-2009 09:43 PM

Awesome!

StormyBlues 11-09-2009 08:37 PM

good luck ;)