The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Critique My New Quarter Horse (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/critique-my-new-quarter-horse-39878/)

AlternativeEquineTraining 11-05-2009 08:05 PM

Critique My New Quarter Horse

3 Attachment(s)
Here is Allie, a new quarter horse I just got. Any critiques? Sorry they are not the best.

TwisterRush 11-05-2009 08:24 PM

the only thing that pops out at me is she has a rather short neck, but a nice back and is pretty level from shoulder to rump.

Something about the hind legs has got me.. stumped

Annaland13 11-05-2009 10:18 PM

Her neck is to short and something about her shoulder bothers me. It's to big?

sillybunny11486 11-05-2009 10:22 PM

shoulder looks like its set up a little high. she dosent have the typical qh stocky look. Shes got prominent withers, probably just needs more muscle under the saddle area. i think shes pretty cute! i love her face.

Plains Drifter 11-06-2009 12:08 AM

I don't mind the way she looks. I noticed the short neck, but I love her rear end! Congrats!

Honeysuga 11-06-2009 12:46 AM

Short neck and post legged in the back, overall a nice lookin girl... congrats!

ChevyPrincess 11-06-2009 10:29 AM

Her hind legs are crooked, to straight isn't good, and neither is too crooked. It just put's more strain in their legs. She has a short, skinny neck for her body, most QH are known for their thick necks. Is it just me, or do her front hooves look a little long? Probably caused by her legs...

She is very pretty =] I love her sweet face.

AlternativeEquineTraining 11-06-2009 10:53 AM

We are working on fixing her front feet, No heel at all, and to much toe... thankyou to the farriers that do this! She has no muscle mass at all right now as she wasnt worked at all. I noticed the shoulder thing, Hopeing it changes with muscle. Shes standing on unever ground to. Ill try to do other pictures later, but yes her face is adorable!

PechosGoldenChance 11-06-2009 10:58 AM

Yea i've also noticed the short neck, crooked legs, but i would def build up her muscle tone for sure!! Other than that she looks adorable and very gentle too! Congrats!

smrobs 11-06-2009 01:02 PM

Yep, same as everyone else mentioned, needs muscle mass and her neck is a bit short. Her shoulder is a bit straight but not terrible. I personally don't like her back legs at all but if she is sound, then no worries. They are just a bit ugly; cow-hocked, camped out, and sickle hocked by my eye. She is a pretty girl and I agree, her face is just adorable. It looks like she has a nice soft eye.