The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Technology (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/)
-   -   cell phones (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/cell-phones-39937/)

close2prfct 11-06-2009 05:17 PM

cell phones

I am in the market to buy a new cell phone, I would really like some input from forum members as to the types of phones they have and what the pros & cons are.
Specifically I am looking for bluetooth, micro SD capabilities( for my gazillion ringtones)
Any help would be appreciated!:D

sillybunny11486 11-06-2009 05:38 PM

well my father works for motorola, if you see one of those you like ill ask him if its a good phone. he tells me not to get alot of the brand new ones, because all the bugs arent worked out yet.

equiniphile 11-06-2009 05:40 PM

I have at&t, so I bought the Vu. It's a touch-screen phone and I really like it....my friend has the Verizon enV3. I like that one too. My mom just got a new phone, and it's also a Verizon. It's from Samsung and it flips two ways. I like that as well

bubblegum 11-06-2009 06:26 PM

he he "cell phone" lmao. sounds so funny, only ever hear that on chick flicks, we call them mobiles here. sorry no help i have a good reliable nokia that loves to end up in the muck heap and still works, drop it all the time and no problem at all with it, and seemingly it is an express music phone too but all i use it for is texting and calls, dont know what to do with anything else on it

mollys girl 11-06-2009 08:07 PM

i have a blackberry curve from verizon....my only addiction other than my horses! ive had it since valentines day and i have yet to find anything i dont like about it! as far as bluetooth goes i highly recommend the jawbone...its a little bit on the expensive side but you really do get what you pay for when it comes to that! jawbone cuts out all of the back ground noise!

TaMMa89 11-06-2009 08:24 PM

I've good ol' Nokia 3660. I think it was one of the first cellphones with camera. I've dropped it on asphalt & snow (in the latter case it spent some hours in the snow) and it still works as a dream.

Also my previous cell was Nokia and it worked well too.

I bought my current cell back in 2004 so I'm not sure how cells have developed after that. Still, I think that if it includes more electronics it'll break down easier.

Wallaby 11-06-2009 09:04 PM

I have an LG Chocolate (one of the older ones) from verizon and I totally love it. It's not my favorite for making calls on but texting and pictures are awesome. It's a pretty sweet phone. I've had it for 2 years and it's still working great. I had to replace the battery in September but that's to be expected after two years.

jinxremoving 11-06-2009 10:26 PM

If you have the money, consider getting a BlackBerry Curve or BlackBerry Bold.

Texting with a full QWERTY keyboard is lightning fast and makes all the difference in the world compared to the T9 texting on "normal" phones. The BlackBerry can also double as a full featured MP3 player, GPS navigation device and of course web browsing including watching YouTube videos for when you need some time to kill! BlueTooth is also included along with MicroSD capability.

The only con is the price. I broke my BlackBerry last week and it was 4 or 5 days out of warranty and it cost me $508 to replace! Had it still been under warranty it would have been a $50 handset swap. =(

Amba1027 11-06-2009 10:50 PM

I personally think the fancier the phone, the crapier it will be. A lot of my friends spend all this money on these fancy phones that do all this stuff that they really don't need to do. They've all had to replace their phones because they break way too easily or have issues. I just go with one of the free upgrade phones I get every 2 years with Verizon.

jinxremoving 11-06-2009 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amba1027 (Post 452885)
I personally think the fancier the phone, the crapier it will be.

I would have to agree to an extent. This is my 5th BlackBerry in under 13 months, all of which were covered by the warranty except my last one. It's kind of a bummer since I take great care of my phones and never drop them and/or get them wet... yet they keep mysteriously dying.

All of my other non BlackBerry phones have never broke, I've dropped some of them pretty hard, even submerged one in a lake and after letting it dry out for a few days it was as good as new. I'm just glad I don't have an iPhone, the screen would be ruined after the first week... plus I like the feeling of keys for when I'm texting and not looking.

Unfortunately for the line of work I do, a BlackBerry is standard and I'm stuck with it... :cry: