The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barn Maintenance (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/)
-   -   Ohhh and the hypocritical barn owner pulls another fun stunt (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/ohhh-hypocritical-barn-owner-pulls-another-39953/)

AussieDaisyGirl 11-06-2009 06:44 PM

Ohhh and the hypocritical barn owner pulls another fun stunt

So... while I'm not a fan of the barn owner or the facilities I adore the other boarders so I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

However, the BO is a trip - and not a good trip. Like planning a trip to Disneyworld and getting off the plane at Alcatraz.

Anyway - we were told we weren't allowed to board ponies. Full stop. No discussion. Ok. No biggie for me though I would love one for the kids. Other boarders have kids out to ride all the time but can't get a pony because of the rule.

Second rule - no studs. No problem. Can't see this being an issue.

Get the barn yesterday and the BO has brought in a boarder with two pony stallions. :shock:

I don't have an issue with them so much - I doubt these little 40" dudes will be able to mount my 17hh mare, but I wouldn't want to take the chance. My biggest gripe is that the BO keeps changing her rules, EVERY day!!!!!

kevinshorses 11-06-2009 06:51 PM

Maybe you should inquire about boarding your new (previously unhandled) 18 hand 1800 lb shire stallion and see how that goes over. And remember to tell her his barn name is Killer.

AussieDaisyGirl 11-06-2009 07:11 PM

ROFLMAO Kevin!!! You made me choke on my coffee! That's awesome!

bubblegum 11-06-2009 07:20 PM

why dont you tell her that she just broke her own rules or send an annonomous letter to her

AussieDaisyGirl 11-06-2009 07:56 PM

Cause she's psychotic.

Let me give you an example of her state of mind. She used to lease out the facility to a lady that leased out the stalls, ran a riding school of sorts. They had a falling out. Instead of trying to keep it real, the BO called animal control and told them that the BM's horses and other horses in the barn that were being boarded there had all been abandoned. Which wasn't true.

So animal control went and picked them up.

This woman is nuts and at the risk of having my horse seized, I'm not going to be telling her she broke her own rules.

redneckprincess70 11-06-2009 10:05 PM

Where are you located in IN.? I believe there are a few around me if you're looking for a new barn where you wouldn't have to worry about a nut BO if you confront them with a concern.

I love Kevins reply!!! I about lost my coffee too!!!

AussieDaisyGirl 11-06-2009 10:54 PM

SE Indianapolis.

redneckprincess70 11-06-2009 10:57 PM

Sorry, I'm up around Muncie, wish I could help ya. Good luck.

Plains Drifter 11-06-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinshorses (Post 452745)
Maybe you should inquire about boarding your new (previously unhandled) 18 hand 1800 lb shire stallion and see how that goes over. And remember to tell her his barn name is Killer.

Too funny!

AussieDaisyGirl 11-08-2009 11:40 PM

Hmm how about a 17hh Belgian mare? I could call her Killa in front of the BO.