The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Whats the weather like where you are? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/whats-weather-like-where-you-39955/)

bubblegum 11-06-2009 08:16 PM

Whats the weather like where you are?

It has not stopped raining here in nearly two weeks, heavy heavy rain and when its not heavy its raining lightly. high winds and no sun at all. its so bad now that the fields i have for the winter are basically lakes. would love if it just stopped raining so the fields could dry up a bit so i can turn out, babies are leading well and could do with a run and a frolik

Whats the weather like where you are?

What would you change about it

Tink01 11-06-2009 08:24 PM

Peeing down here too mate!!! Horses only got a few hours out today and didn't even make it out yesterday. Have loads of treats when they stay in.

smrobs 11-06-2009 08:29 PM

It did that for a few days a while back here. Fortunately, it has been averageing in the 60's (F) and usually sunny here. Unfortunately, it has been windy and that makes even the nice days seem chilly.

themacpack 11-06-2009 08:34 PM

We have had too much rain lately. This past week, though, it has finally been nice (cold, but no rain!)and I am SO glad for that. It's supposed to be beautiful this weekend and then back to rainy weather starting Monday.

Britt 11-06-2009 08:44 PM

No rain at all this week (for once... it's been rany a lot) and it's been in the upper 60's...

Nita 11-06-2009 11:29 PM

Snow here! It has been fairly nice, at least for Montana, with weather in the low 50's, high 40's. But then, as usual, it changed quickly and drastically... It's now snowing, super windy, and below freezing.

*grumbles*

Freakin montana weather........ Grr.

roro 11-06-2009 11:33 PM

I hate the weather here so much it's not even funny. Yesterday it was wind and rain, today it was thunder, lightning and rain, and tomorrow will be thunder, lightning, wind, and rain with wind and rain the rest of the week. GREAT. I'm really starting to realize why bears choose to hibernate in the winter.

Lobelia Overhill 11-07-2009 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubblegum (Post 452765)
It has not stopped raining here in nearly two weeks, heavy heavy rain and when its not heavy its raining lightly. high winds and no sun at all. its so bad now that the fields i have for the winter are basically lakes.

Same here, I think we're going into our fourth week now (I've lost count!!) of lashing rain and high winds

PaintHorseMares 11-07-2009 09:07 AM

Too much rain this year here, too, but it's nice fall riding weather now.... 40-65F, and the mares are out of their hot summer laziness and ready to go!

close2prfct 11-07-2009 10:38 AM

no rain for a week but that changes mon & tues. Yesterday and today it's 80's but it has been in the 60's it's also windy as heck..never know from day to day what it will be here lol