The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   pizza and beer... (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/pizza-beer-40031/)

3neighs 11-07-2009 06:50 PM

pizza and beer...

...I want some. Instead we're having venison chili. :roll: I'm not crazy about venison, but in chili is the only way I'll eat it. Outside of cows, chickens and pigs it's the most exotic I've eaten. What's the most exotic meat you've eaten?

bubblegum 11-07-2009 06:52 PM

i have eaten, kangaroo, oestrich, shark, octopus, pheasant, rabbit, woodcock, snipe, pidgeon, venison and horse. although i didnt know it was horse and i did not speak the language. it was in a friends house on a language exchange

Wallaby 11-07-2009 06:55 PM

Pizza sounds really good to me too. O.o I'm not old enough to drink, I'm not a fan of alcohol anyway, but pizza sounds amazing.

The most exotic meat I've eaten is wild yak, in yak sausage. My uncle lives in Alaska and often brings random meats down with him when he comes home for christmas and stuff. Yak is actually quite good. I was expecting it to be gross but it totally wasn't. =D

3neighs 11-07-2009 06:58 PM

Oooo wait, I've had pheasant, too! :D

arabchica 11-07-2009 07:22 PM

quail and iguana didn't know it was lizard til it was too late now I ask first

My2Geldings 11-07-2009 07:53 PM

I have never tried anything crazy. I've had duck and rabbit. I grew up in Europe where you can get duck, rabbit as well as horse meat in your regular Sobey's type grocery store, just as easily as you can get steak.

Never had horse for obvious reasons and never tried frog legs(sick).

Kentucky 11-07-2009 08:23 PM

I have eaten Rocky Mountain Oysters, venison, dove, squrriel, quail and caribou, I have also had elk in a summer sausage deal.

Kelly, frog legs are tasty. Beer and pizza does sound good.

WSArabians 11-07-2009 08:46 PM

You ate a FROG, Eddie? A cute little innocent croaker??
Ah, the horror!! lol

I'm not an adventerous eater, though I have tried deer. I don't really like anything other than chicken. :p

I'd skip the pizza and go for a beer, though!

3neighs 11-07-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

I have eaten Rocky Mountain Oysters
:shock:

Wow, a lot of you have quite the extended palate. I am not an adventurous eater either, WS. My husband has had alligator and snapping turtle, both of which were offered to me and I flat out refused.

Arabchica, did you like the iguana?

arabchica 11-08-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3neighs (Post 453826)
:shock:

Wow, a lot of you have quite the extended palate. I am not an adventurous eater either, WS. My husband has had alligator and snapping turtle, both of which were offered to me and I flat out refused.

Arabchica, did you like the iguana?

till I found out what it was eeewwww we are not supposed to eat green creatures. I was in mexico at the time don't speak the language I'll stick to taco's LOL