The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   critique p.k. plez!!!!!!!!warning lots o' pics!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/critique-p-k-plez-warning-lots-40106/)

chika1235 11-08-2009 08:13 PM

critique p.k. plez!!!!!!!!warning lots o' pics!!!

10 Attachment(s)
i have a 18 month old quarter horse gelding that i recently bought about 2 weeks ago.before then he has never been handled but was friendly.after 2 weeks of working him he knows how to tie,lounge with and without saddle and bridle,load into a 2 horse trailer,bathe,and back up.im planning to do some very light riding this spring.just walking nothing else.this shouldnt be a problem as he is already letting me lean over on the saddle and im only 100 pounds.im planning on doing barrels with him and showing him in halter.heis a very sweet boy but he doesnt like any one else besides me.expecially men.when someone gets into his stall he pins his ears back and bites em.

his reg. name is a perpetual kiss.(p.k.)\

he has impresive bloodlines but is negative for hyyp.his dad was a reserve world champion and his dam had 44 halter pionts.
he isnt very fast but he likes to lope around everywheres and has good turns.tell me what you think about him.
pics arent good.my uncles a proffesional photographer and hes gonna take pics next week of us.so ill post more after that.

chika1235 11-08-2009 08:15 PM

dont be too harsh on him!!!

horseluver50 11-08-2009 08:51 PM

First off, he is adorable :) Really nice build to him.
Something is bothering me, about his front legs.. i think he might be toed out quite a bit?
Maybe its just the pictures, correct me if Im wrong

Sunny06 11-08-2009 08:58 PM

Definetely QH!

chika1235 11-08-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horseluver50 (Post 454867)
First off, he is adorable :) Really nice build to him.
Something is bothering me, about his front legs.. i think he might be toed out quite a bit?
Maybe its just the pictures, correct me if Im wrong

idk i never noticed his legs.ill check next time i go to the barn.

chika1235 11-08-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chika1235 (Post 454882)
idk i never noticed his legs.ill check next time i go to the barn.

oh no wait actually when i was taking pics of him he didnt like to stand still so he was leaning from side to side and probably had one of his legs out.

sunshineo0o 11-08-2009 09:57 PM

wow he is really nice looking...he has like a true QH build.

SlickDirtyDancin 11-08-2009 09:59 PM

He is very cute. The biggest thing I see with him is his back legs. He is sickle hocked and also Cow-Hocked(I think that's what it's called when his hocks come close together).

JustDressageIt 11-08-2009 10:32 PM

What a cute face :) First off, 18 months is a relatively bad time to ask for a conformation critique as they tend to be in the really awkward stage. I would wait till he's 3 to get a really good idea of his true conformation. (They say the best times to see a horse's true conformation is at 3 days, 3 months, and 3 years.)
Regardless, here is what I see:
The first thing that strikes me is his hind legs and hind end. His tibia is quite long, and metatarsus is quite short, which makes his whole hind end look a little off. He is camped out because of that. I would consider him sickle-hocked. His front pasterns don't match his shoulder angle (they are steeper) and that *can* indicate possible predisposition to injury and/or lameness.
His back is nice and short, which is great for athleticism. His wither ties in nice and far back as well which can indicate a horse that can balance up nicely.
Would love to see pics of him in another year and a half ;) I bet he'll look like a different horse.

SuperStarsSugar 11-09-2009 12:58 AM

He's really cute and looks strong. I love his face:) What a sweetie. Looks like he'll really be able to get down around his turns. My only concerns are that he seems to be cowhocked in the back and toes out a tiny bit in the front, so watch that he doesn't interfere. Also his hind legs don't fall squarely under him, they're out to the rear a bit, so he might not be able to get under himself very well.