The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   The Diesel Thread! :D (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/diesel-thread-d-40117/)

IheartPheobe 11-08-2009 09:44 PM

The Diesel Thread! :D

Diesel is just so awesome he needs his own thread. :D I first met this horse three or so years ago at my home barn. Never saw him ridden, barely knew him.. but have always had a thing for him! He travels between my home barn and my sleepaway camp, so this Summer I went on a couple trails with him and decided to give him a whirl. I asked about it and ended up riding him for a few days!
He is my dream horse. Floaty gaits.. he can go slow or fast, depending on what I ask (I love fast horses but will get VERY nervous if I feel unable to slow down!), goes perfectly with a snaffle, doesn't need a martingale or anything, doesn't need much hand direction, goes VERY well from leg pressure.. isn't horribly lazy.. Goes well in the ring, bareback and with a saddle, on trails and in the field. (Have ridden him bareback- AMAZING!) He is perfect with his feet and is very easy to catch in the field. I once walked a mile and a half to catch him.. haha. We also had to walk back. He was perfect the whole time, stood totally still when I approached him. He is slightly green to jumping, but I have dealt with this before. :)

Soo yeh. He has recently returned home and I have been riding him again!! He was SO good yesterday! We only did flat work but he was perfect!! All the right leads and everything :D

anrz 11-08-2009 10:24 PM

aww he sounds great! If you get any pictures of him, definitely put those up :). I'll be checking back!

IheartPheobe 11-09-2009 07:53 PM

flamingauburnmustang 11-11-2009 04:15 PM

Nice. He sounds real cool. Get those pictures. I would love to see him. = )

IheartPheobe 11-11-2009 08:59 PM

The pic in my avvie is him but it's really edited (:
was going to ride him but rode Roger instead today.

IheartPheobe 11-14-2009 08:11 PM

I rode him today. Was perfect but like riding in an ocean it was so puddly!! He had a bit of a wipeout while we were walking... stepped wrong into a massive puddle haha. doubting his jumping career though!!

flamingauburnmustang 11-15-2009 01:53 PM

LOL. Shame. Why do you doubt his jumping career?