The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Question about Soda's pedigree - Known for anything? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/question-about-sodas-pedigree-known-anything-40236/)

MN Tigerstripes 11-10-2009 10:22 AM

Question about Soda's pedigree - Known for anything?

Hey guys, I've seen a couple of threads lately talking about what different lines of QHs are known for. It got me a curious about Soda's pedigree and if there are any sires/lines in there that are known for anything specific? I don't know really anything about different lines so I'm pretty useless here. So does anyone see anything that "stands out" here?

Skips Gin Fizz Quarter Horse

Thanks for your help in appeasing my curiousity!
Jen

FGRanch 11-10-2009 12:20 PM

Not a whole lot up close, be remember a piece of paper doesn't make a horse! :)

MN Tigerstripes 11-10-2009 01:00 PM

Oh I know! It was just a curiosity thing. My friend (who I bought him from) said that the breeder told her he had Halflinger in there.... I've never seen it though. :-) I wouldn't care if he wasn't registered. Frankly he's a gelding, so in my opinion registration doesn't matter. Unless I wanted to compete in breed shows of course :-)

kevinshorses 11-10-2009 01:09 PM

The skipper horses are generally performance horses and sometimes halter horses. The entire bottom side of the pedigree is pretty much race lines.

smrobs 11-10-2009 01:10 PM

I don't think that the AQHA recognizes halflinger crosses :). Like Tiff said, nothing very well known up close but way back, there are a bunch of racing lines, a couple halter horses, and an NCHA money earner. What I see is basically the pedigree of a good all around horse. :D

MN Tigerstripes 11-10-2009 02:59 PM

Thanks guys! That's what I "thought" (I didn't see any really familiar names) by looking at it, but as mentioned I don't really "know" anything. Now I know more though! :-)

Yeah, I don't know where the whole Halflinger thing came from. He has a lot of hair, which is were they said it shows... but I was thinking "how could he be registered then?" Maybe I'll email the breeder, I know she wanted to buy him back right after I bought him. I've been thinking about emailing her and seeing if she by chance had any baby pics. Thought she might like an update too.

FGRanch 11-11-2009 11:59 AM

LOL Halflinger?! My oh my, the things people say.

He's a purebred QH! :D And a good looking on at that!

MN Tigerstripes 11-11-2009 01:49 PM

Thanks :D He's a fun horse to have, I'm glad I bought him even if it has been a rough two years.

Pidge 11-11-2009 10:51 PM

Looks like you might have a tad bit of leo blood in him...cant remeber what the leo's are known for but I do remeber a friend saying they were good horses just a tad odd at times lol

But this is a very un professional opinion...im not the best at reading lines lol I might even be wrong lol just thought i would try :)

smrobs 11-11-2009 11:00 PM

^^ Just for future referance, Leo was a racehorse that supposedly won 20 out of 22 races. He sired many world and national champions in performance and halter, along with some winning racers, plus NCHA money earners.

And you are right, Leo is 2 steps off the pedigree of Soda.