The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Guess this Breed and Color (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/guess-breed-color-40353/)

lilkitty90 11-11-2009 06:31 PM

Guess this Breed and Color

10 Attachment(s)
First off i'd like to say i'm new her. and fairly new to horses. just got my first one December of Last year. and that was my first time ever riding. i broke her myself because she had been ridden. ( i know i went about it the wrong way. getting a horse when i had never ridden before) but she broke wonderfully. didn't buck, bolt, or rear. i am pretty sure she is around 6 years old. and she is wonderful!

But I'd like for you guys to guess my Horse's Breed and Color. i know she has mustang in her. because her mom was a full blooded mustang but other than that i'm not sure what her dad was. i'd say Highland Pony but i can't be sure. and i would also like to know her color. because she has about 3-4 different colors to her and it's really confusing because she changes from winter to summer but i got pics from both seasons for you guys

Lis 11-11-2009 06:33 PM

I'd just class her as a grey. Looks like she could do with some muscle put on her.

TwisterRush 11-11-2009 06:37 PM

^ I agree, i have a boy who is close to the same color, she could use some muscle on her hind end, and she is gorgeous, when was her feet last done ?

But i agree she must have some kind of pony in her :D

lilkitty90 11-11-2009 06:40 PM

10 Attachment(s)
sorry i couldn't do but 10 so here is some more!

lilkitty90 11-11-2009 06:43 PM

oh well if you look at the date of the pics the 2008 pics were when we first got her. she was underweight and needed her feet trimmed bad. then the pics in march were 3 months later and she is looking better and then the pics in july are 7 months later and she looks 10x's better. so yeah she has more weight now just the first pics were older ones = )

Lis 11-11-2009 06:46 PM

Maybe some form of roan which would account for the colour change over seasons. Not sure to be honest.

lilkitty90 11-11-2009 06:50 PM

she has me completely stumped. but the white on the top of her tail and the splash of white on the sides of her tummy say Robicano to me but i'm not to good with colors or breeds. and it doesn't matter to me but i'm still curious

Lis 11-11-2009 06:55 PM

I'm not so hot on colours, don't get all these colours like tobianos and the like. To me they're just piebalds and skewbalds.

lilkitty90 11-11-2009 06:59 PM

yeah the overo's, tobiano's and such confuse me as well at what point does it go from overo to tobiano lol i have alot of learning to do >_<

wild_spot 11-11-2009 08:14 PM

Does she have striped hooves at all? The mottling around her udder and small amoutn on her nose makes me think appy. She also has almost a pally/dun colouring in her coat in some of the photos - maybe the cream gene at play.