The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (
-   -   Help me find this bit! (

Maxxgirl 10-25-2007 03:36 PM

Help me find this bit!
I'm looking for a Dee-ring rubber snaffle with a super thin mouth, 5 1/4in. I'm not opposed to a full cheek, but the dee-ring is preferrable. I absolutely can't seem to find a bit like this. Every bit I've seen so far has been too thick. If anyone knows of a bit like this, has any suggestions at all, I'd appreciate hearing from you!

kitten_Val 10-25-2007 04:03 PM

I'd suggest to try tack store with lots of selections like

By try I mean give them a call. They can tell you whether they have it or at least point out in right directions.

Good luck!

Sara 10-25-2007 04:06 PM

Does it have to be rubber? Is plastic acceptable?

Sara 10-25-2007 04:19 PM

This is the skinniest rubber d I've seen:

As for finding a 5.25" size...good luck:P I suggest just moving up to a 5.5". If you are not adverse to plastic over rubber, Happy Mouth (or Flexi) bits are thinner than your average rubber mouthpiece.

Maxxgirl 10-25-2007 06:22 PM

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I've contacted Dover but haven't found what I want through them. As for plastic, it's doesn't really suit this horses needs as well as rubber does. Rubber is really our best option for him. I have looked at the happy mouths, but all the ones I've seen have been too thick for my purpose. Sara, I've come across the bit in your link. It's the one that's come closest to my specifications, but it's still a touch thick. And you're not kidding about the 5 1/4, lol.

Sara 10-25-2007 06:40 PM

You might check out Flexi...I always thought they were the same poly as used in Happy Mouth, but I've run across a few sites that actually say they are rubber. Might be worth a look.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0