The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   First lesson on new horse (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/first-lesson-new-horse-40485/)

hiwaythreetwenty 11-13-2009 06:26 PM

First lesson on new horse

I am super excited today I finally had my first lesson with my ottb Sky. I don't know if others feel this way but I really couldn't wait to get my trainers opinion on my mare especially with this being my first ottb. Sky did fabulous, we worked on basic flat work but she was so level headed and took to it very well. My trainer was impressed with how well she responsed with praise and how quickly she caught on to things. I had put her over a cross rail the other day undersaddle so she asked me to show her and was really impressed with how willingly and how well she jumped. I am on cloud 9 and just wanted to share with ever one since I was so happy with her. :lol:

StormyBlues 11-13-2009 09:41 PM

YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!! *insert cute little dance like elmo here* That's so exciting! I know that I feel like I'm on cloud nine after a good lesson to! Good luck with here! And DEF keep us updated on her!!!!

hiwaythreetwenty 11-15-2009 04:35 PM

Super sucky was all excited after lesson and had weekend off and I was looking forward to practicing this weekend and then take her to local show grounds and ride but instead I have been stuck in bed with the flu I hate being sick

MIEventer 11-15-2009 08:11 PM

lol, I don't think I know anyone who particularily enjoys it. Sorry you're sick, hope you get better soon.

StormyBlues 11-15-2009 09:51 PM

Yeah, i hate sickness to! Get well!

MyBoyPuck 11-15-2009 10:27 PM

That's so great that your lesson went well. Sky looks like such a nice horse, but then I'm extremely partial to OTTB's!

flamingauburnmustang 11-23-2009 04:38 PM

He sounds awesome! I'm glad you had a great lesson on him. Although it sucks now that you're sick. But worry, just think, a few days and then you're out there again riding and having fun. Patience... :wink: