The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jokes and Funnies (http://www.horseforum.com/jokes-funnies/)
-   -   This Person Clearly Doesn't Understand Basic Horse Anatomy (http://www.horseforum.com/jokes-funnies/person-clearly-doesnt-understand-basic-horse-405369/)

Heather121 04-30-2014 01:48 PM

This Person Clearly Doesn't Understand Basic Horse Anatomy
 
1 Attachment(s)
This was posted to a local livestock sale page on Facebook. Someone is trying to sell this colt. Read the comments below the horse's picture. I covered over the names. I just about died when I saw this!!!

BolderDash 04-30-2014 02:18 PM

That is a hoot!

It reminds me of a local newspaper article here some 20 odd years ago. The journalist was interviewing one of the local horse owners and taking pictures for the next edition of the local newspaper right outside the building I was in. Being someone that likes horses I wandered outside to listen in and get the early edition of the article and more importantly get a closer look at the horse.

I am not certain of who might have done it, but, someone thought that an anatomically correct stallion should not be on the front page of the local paper and photo editing had been done to the horse. However, it was a nice bright sunny day when the picture was snapped and the photo editor must not have noticed the old boys shadow, still intact, until it was brought to everyone's attention on the day of publication's distribution.

Heather121 04-30-2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BolderDash (Post 5289178)
That is a hoot!

It reminds me of a local newspaper article here some 20 odd years ago. The journalist was interviewing one of the local horse owners and taking pictures for the next edition of the local newspaper right outside the building I was in. Being someone that likes horses I wandered outside to listen in and get the early edition of the article and more importantly get a closer look at the horse.

I am not certain of who might have done it, but, someone thought that an anatomically correct stallion should not be on the front page of the local paper and photo editing had been done to the horse. However, it was a nice bright sunny day when the picture was snapped and the photo editor must not have noticed the old boys shadow, still intact, until it was brought to everyone's attention on the day of publication's distribution.

Oh, that is hilarious!!!!!

bitinsane 04-30-2014 04:02 PM

bahahahahahaha

Endiku 04-30-2014 06:40 PM

Whoopsies! lol

Heather121- LOVE the avatar... that happens to be my dog, Connor, in it and I'm the one who needs the pony...hahahahaha. I swear I don't ALWAYS abuse him! ;)

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/...bridled034.jpg

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/...dconnor068.jpg

Welcome to the forum by the way. Dressing my dog up isn't the only crazy thing I do...

Heather121 04-30-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endiku (Post 5291234)
Whoopsies! lol

Heather121- LOVE the avatar... that happens to be my dog, Connor, in it and I'm the one who needs the pony...hahahahaha. I swear I don't ALWAYS abuse him! ;)

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/...bridled034.jpg

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/...dconnor068.jpg

Welcome to the forum by the way. Dressing my dog up isn't the only crazy thing I do...

LOL!!!!! It was just something I found on Google! How funny!!

Zexious 04-30-2014 09:03 PM

xD His guts? Good lord...

4horses 05-04-2014 01:57 AM

I noticed today that the local news station does not realize the difference between a TB and a Paint. They were talking about the Kentucky Derby and showed a video of a paint out in a field! :D

They also accidentally called a hyperbaric oxygen chamber for horses an hyperbaric aquatic chamber. Obviously they are not horse people!

BolderDash 05-04-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4horses (Post 5313762)
I noticed today that the local news station does not realize the difference between a TB and a Paint. They were talking about the Kentucky Derby and showed a video of a paint out in a field! :D

They also accidentally called a hyperbaric oxygen chamber for horses an hyperbaric aquatic chamber. Obviously they are not horse people!

My grandmother would have said, "just cause a fella can talk and use big words don't mean he knows what he talkin' about."

Perhaps, the hyperbaric aquatic chamber is at the famous racetrack, Aqueduct? :-)

Zexious 05-04-2014 07:43 PM

xD I don't think that's /too/ surprising. And most non horse people wouldn't notice. Boyfriend called me while he was watching some races downtown, and he though California Chrome was a paint because of his blaze xD


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0