The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hello from Ohio (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hello-ohio-40644/)

DalleysMom 11-15-2009 10:09 PM

Hello from Ohio

I have been away from horses now at least five years. I had the death of my old man Cody from old age had a baby and decided continuing just was the right time. Well now my daughter is 5 and is ready for clover buds and she would like to do horses and I would LOVE for her to. So we got her a nice 12 year old mare to start to learn around. Basic ground manners, upkeep, and barn manners. Dalley (AQHA) came home today, and she is 15 hands of pure butta. Very sweet personality, broke very fat, but very nice. Now mind you this is “my horse” in an attempt to teach her (my daughter) the basics. I am very casual rider, never any kind of discipline just the farm, trail, field rider. I am now taking lessons to re-teach me, for on her I felt like a fool. Now that I am older amazing how safety is your number goal. When my daughter gets to a point she is ready to ride she will be able to pick out her horse.

So we are excited and nervous and ready. I hope she enjoys it, I hope I can learn to be confident again and that she will remember this the rest of her life. If she doesn’t “get into it” that is ok, my love of horses will always be there. But I hope I am able to progress and enjoy them again beside my daughter.

So Ms Dalley has a few months to drop some poundage and under supervision of our vet we are hopeful she will. So we can REALLY enjoy her come spring.

equiniphile 11-15-2009 10:44 PM

Good luck! I've always ridden casual Western as well

DalleysMom 11-15-2009 11:52 PM

Hello OHIO

I like to call mine TRAGIC western :)

MaloreyAnimal 11-16-2009 12:23 AM

Welcome to the forum! Goodluck!

equiniphile 11-16-2009 06:22 PM

haha! I'm a good rider, but I don't worry about lead changes and stuff

DalleysMom 11-16-2009 07:16 PM

Well I do have someone coming here 2 times per week to give me lessons on her. So I will be confident in no time hopefully :) When I was younger it was jump on and go now, not so much I think i have reached "all growed up"

equiniphile 11-16-2009 07:59 PM

haha:)

Tack Collector 11-16-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DalleysMom (Post 462370)
I like to call mine TRAGIC western :)

hehe I resemble that remark. I'm a master at falling off western saddles. I'm only fit for English, apparently, lol. Welcome!

ShutUpJoe 11-16-2009 09:16 PM

Hello from Chillicothe : )

Vidaloco 11-16-2009 09:16 PM

Welcome to the forum :D
Sounds like you are taking the safe and smart path in teaching your daughter and reteaching yourself. Enjoy the forum and congratulations on your new friend Dalley.
Psst... I'm a trail rider too